Clover in the Park

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
benlehman
Clover in the Park

Post by benlehman » June 8th, 2010, 4:22 pm

So here's an idea. We're right next to Cal Andersen park, which is a lovely park, and we're going to be there in June, which is a lovely month.

I'd love to run one or all of my games in the park.

One game in particular that I would like to run in the park is Clover. (link to a google cache of an AP report) It's a game about a little girl and her friends and their adventures, and I think it would be cool to play it set in Capitol Hill and use the park as surroundings (not LARPing, but making use of our environment to inspire our play). Plus, there is something about the game that lends itself to a summer afternoon.

Would there be any interest in that? Saturday or Sunday sometime, presumably.

Susan
Name:Susan

Re: Clover in the Park

Post by Susan » June 8th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Reading through the account of the game it sounds quite enchanting. I'll be very interested in taking a look at the game if you bring it with you. Since I've already snagged a spot in one of your games I won't try to reserve a place. But I do look forward to hearing how this goes.

The relationship between men who like kids and the social "yuk" reflex they encounter is so troublesome to me. I find it especially ironic given that the lack of male role models is so often cited as a/the source of societal ills. All the while we are alienating men seeking to be in children's lives. Anyways it's an interesting thread in your design thinking.

The prospect of exploring the world as/of a happy five-year-old is so compelling. Sans cheap drama or extra pain. I suspect there is so much to find in that journey that we miss when we game just at the climax of our adult characters' narrative.

"... so much to find in that journey..." Christ! I'm off to bed before I vomit more new-age mush all over this decent, god-fearing forum.

Find me if you're short on Clover players.

Joel P. Shempert
Name:Joel P. Shempert

Re: Clover in the Park

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 9th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Yay for the park and yay for Clover!

Return to “Brainstorming Games”