Short-playing games?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
Joel P. Shempert
Name:Joel P. Shempert
Short-playing games?

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 12th, 2010, 12:55 pm

OK, so there are some games that play in a very short amount of time--less than a slot's worth, in fact. For starters, my The Dreaming Crucible is an hour and half-er. Ditto Joe's Gun Thief, and I think S/Lay W/Me.

I'm pondering the best way to organize those. If I run TDC in a slot (whether scheduled OR pickup), we finish halfway through and twiddle our thumbs for the rest of the time. I'd love to run back to back games in the slot, playing with two people, taking a pottybreak and playing with two different people--but will all the other people be tied up with their longer games? Will people be willing to sign on at the top of the slot for, essentially, Sat-02b, and busy themselves while they wait their turn?

Joe and I talked about the possibility of running The Dreaming Crucible and Gun Thief in the same slot: first play one, then the other, with the same players. That sounds rad, but the tones of TDC and GT are pretty much antithetical--could be jarring. In any case, what if I do find myself in a slot with TDC and no partner game? Will that work? Not work? Do we play once then bust out some board games? What are ya feeling, GoPlayers?

Peace,
-Joel

benlehman

Re: Short-playing games?

Post by benlehman » June 14th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Joel: I think that this is a great idea.

nemomeme
Name:Matthew

Re: Short-playing games?

Post by nemomeme » June 16th, 2010, 6:45 pm

I'm feeling all of that. I will probably wait to play TDC with you here in Portland, Joel (soon!), but I am absolutely feeling S/Lay W/Me and I am bringing The Mustang and may try to run it in a four-hour slot after a two-and-a-half hour session of Fiasco.

Some people may be waking up and arriving late on Saturday and Sunday mornings and those may be especially good times to offer short games to people wandering about.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”