A gathering storm...

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
nemomeme
Name:Matthew
A gathering storm...

Post by nemomeme » April 26th, 2010, 5:50 pm

:mrgreen:

Not sure how the format will end up here, but I thought I'd get things rolling.

I'm very interested in playing Savage Worlds and Apocalypse World. Those will be my holy grails of the weekend. Off the top of my head, Principia and Serial Homicide Unit are two other games I'd be into finding someone running.

I'm going to run Danger Patrol betas in one or two slots for sure. Probably whatever works best for others, either taking overflow from a presumed Harper session or running it as a pick-up game as needed. I've run it five times now (probably eight or more by late June) and am feeling pretty comfortable with it but I have a *strong* preference for only 3 PCs.

I can facilitate and teach the "GM-less" Polaris, Fiasco, Contenders, and Geiger Counter pretty well on short notice and am happy to play those any time. PTA is another game I love and am comfortable running.

There's a small chance I'll find time to prep a Dresden Files RPG scenario set in John Constantine's Hellblazer.

I prefer playing to running but I'm bringing my GM hat this year to help make sure there are plenty of fun games going down.

Cheers,

Matthew Gagan

mcdaldno

Re: A gathering storm...

Post by mcdaldno » April 26th, 2010, 7:37 pm

I'm very excited to play Mist-Robed Gate, which has been on my to-play list for over a year. Also excited to try Fiasco.

I'm also excited to continue playtesting Heart of Ashes, as well as playing Gun Thief and Perfect.

And: Don't Rest Your Head, Polaris, Apocalypse World, Wicked Age, Danger Patrol, The Mustang, Penny for my Thoughts.

I'm not planning anything beforehand, though. This is just idle chatter.

LeeShort

Post by LeeShort » April 26th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Interested in IaWA, Mist-Robed Gate, Apocalpyse D&D, Grey Ranks, Montsegur 1244, Chronica Feudalis. Assuredly more stuff that I can't think of right now.

Carl
Name:Carl Rigney

Post by Carl » April 26th, 2010, 11:43 pm

I'll be staying at the Silver Cloud Friday afternoon to Monday.
Things I'm thinking of running at GPNW (but not all of them), in roughly declining order of likelihood, but I'm open to requests. I'll post what when closer to the con, this is just brainstorming. As always, I'm happy to teach games.
  • Lacuna part 1: The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City (second attempt) for Twyla and up to 3 others.
    Apocalypse World (if there's more demand for it than Harper can fulfill) "Blind Blue and Hatchet City" for 3-5 players.
    Dogs in the Vineyard if there are 3-4 people who haven't had the chance to play it yet
    Don't Rest Your Head for 3-4.
Things I probably won't run this time, but maybe someday:
  • Reservoir Gods - 6 minor gods attempt to steal the mandate of heaven and it all goes terribly wrong.
    Super Bliss Force Zeta (Bliss Stage for Supers ala Strikeforce Morituri)
    The King Must Die - DitV/TMW as six ex-dogs climb King Mountain to make the King of Life pay for what he's done to the Faithful.
I'm wondering if I can fit Lacuna into the 3-hour slots if I explain less and make things more confusing.

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » April 27th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Carl, what would you run Reservoir Gods with? That sounds fantastic.

I want to play Perfect, Heart of Ashes, Apocalypse World, The Wildlings, Principia, and whatever Jackson is cooking up at the moment. I'd also love to do another round of Roach-hackery and maybe continue last year's Lady Blackbird game, although the latter would be tough without Christian.

I want to run a mashup of D&D 4E with Betrayal at House on the Hill, steampunk Mist-Robed Gate, and possibly a couple hours of ludocity.org-type games in the cabaret theater. (Edit) Oh, and I have to figure out how to run something called Psionic Bathhouse. I also have a horrible idea that involves mashing Perfect into Danger Patrol bubbling in the back of my mind, but I probably shouldn't indulge that.

EnricPDX
Name:Harry L.

Post by EnricPDX » April 28th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Off the top of my head, I'd be thrilled to try Heart of Ashes, the Wildlings, or In A Wicked Age. I'd also like to try out vanilla Danger Patrol sometime. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff I'm curious about.

If anyone else is interested - and we can work out the player gender requirements - I could bring my copy of Kagematsu, though I've never played. I'll also bring some low-prep stuff - Fiasco, A Penny For My Thoughts, Zombie Cinema, some Norwegian Style, etc.

Darin S.

Post by Darin S. » May 3rd, 2010, 2:09 pm

@Matthew Gagan

John Aegard and John Powell both showed interest at Story Games for some Savage World's. Count me in if that goes through.

@Carl

I got in two excellent games of yours at GPNW09 and have never played DiTV. Count me in, as I've heard you're the man for Dog's games. PS - As a player in last years Lacuna game I can say go for the 3 hour slot.

Hexabolic
Name:Blake Hutchins

Post by Hexabolic » June 6th, 2010, 11:21 pm

I am totally in for some Savage Worlds. Count me in if there's room.

David Dunn

Post by David Dunn » June 14th, 2010, 7:56 pm

If you pull together the Dresden File game, count me in.

D

Return to “Brainstorming Games”