? Savage Wal*Pocalypse, FRI-01 ?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
johnzo
Name:John Aegard
? Savage Wal*Pocalypse, FRI-01 ?

Post by johnzo » May 23rd, 2010, 6:48 pm

• Savage Worlds
  • GM (me) +4 players.
  • 3 preregistered player slots, +1 slot for live-in-the-moment types who eschew preregistration.
  • I want four hours, and FRI-01 looks like the best slot.
  • No experience required.
  • Everything pregenerated.
  • PvP.
  • Die and respawn a new character. No problem!
  • Deck of Keys. Keys = only way to earn bennies. Draw randomly from these.
  • Big map.
  • Lots of bits. Figures, character cards, clue cards, loot cards, event cards, Key cards. Everything visually represented.
  • Only the oldest remember the time before the Social Wars.
  • Today, a single subterranean wal-mart lies unlooted and untouched.
  • Everyone comes from a different faction /gang / Cryptic Alliance.
  • Simultaneously, all these factions discover the wal-mart.
  • Loot = victory points.
  • Clues = clue points. Assemble enough clues and discover the path to ultimate victory.
  • Or just shoot people in the face and we all coo at the pathos.
I'm putting this in Brainstorming because it'll be a lot of work to do this righ and I want to sniff around for interest. Also, I've just now begun winnowing my thousand ideas for this game down into something that'll fit into a con slot. I'll move it to Scheduling when I see there's interest and when I think I've got something manageable outlined.

nemomeme
Name:Matthew

Re: ? Savage Wal*Pocalypse, FRI-01 ?

Post by nemomeme » May 23rd, 2010, 7:22 pm

I am very interested in this and will happily commit to it. My preferred shopping time at Wal-Mart is generally post-apocalyptic so this really works well for me.

Having canceled my Friday Archipelago II slot for lack of interest, I am also available! I will almost certainly be running something Scandahoovian in a Saturday or Sunday slot and seeing who shows up, though.

I really like the idea of X-1 pre-signs where X = the maximum number of players and was thinking of doing something similar myself.

John Powell

Post by John Powell » May 28th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Sounds like a great way to kick off the con. Count me in.

Darin S.

Post by Darin S. » June 7th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Is this happening? I've never played Savage Worlds, but have been meaning to. Sounds like a great introduction.

Susan
Name:Susan

Post by Susan » June 8th, 2010, 12:56 am

oh - this sounds good. I strongly support! I've been wanting to try this system and the story mishmash sounds great.

Post-apocalypse Walmart is definitely the place to loot for guns, food, and tents. Not to mention mascara, silk flowers, and sleeveless blouses. I'd skip their $5 DVDs though, they never have any special features.

I can't wait to slaughter another player with a looted kitchen knife then get on the PA to call for a clean up in the housewares aisle. Ha - I'll totally even put up one of those yellow plastic "cuidado piso mojado" signs.

Edit: As it turns out The Drifter's Escape made the official schedule first and I can't pass up the opportunity to play with the designer himself. Have fun guys!

johnzo

Post by johnzo » June 8th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Darin S. wrote:Is this happening?
I am gonna do my best to make it happen, but large chunks of my schedule in the next couple of weeks are not under my control, and much remains to be done on the game...

johnzo

Post by johnzo » June 11th, 2010, 1:19 pm

johnzo wrote:...but large chunks of my schedule in the next couple of weeks are not under my control
Guys, I'm sorry, but this one turns out to not be feasible for me to get together.

Thanks so much to all who expressed interest, and I really hope that no one missed out on an awesome Friday night opportunity because they felt they were committed here.

Darin S.

Post by Darin S. » June 12th, 2010, 3:06 pm

No worries. Maybe we can still throw down together sometime over the weekend.

Any chance you or John Powell are still bringing some Savage World's? I take it SW is just high prep in general.

johnzo

Post by johnzo » June 12th, 2010, 11:37 pm

For me, it's high prep. I really like running elaborate minis games.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”