Nobilis?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
Ben Wray
Nobilis?

Post by Ben Wray » May 25th, 2010, 10:36 am

So, Brendan suggested to me that I bring and run Nobilis, and it struck me as a decent idea. For those who are unaware, in a nutshell it's a game about humans who are given phenomenal godlike cosmic power over a specific facet of reality like Fire, Death, Games, Mazes, or whathaveyou. (If you have read Sandman, or Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series, it's almost exactly like that.) It's about power, enough power to change the world, and responsibility, and how you interact with your peers, superiors, enemies, and all those "normal" humans who are suddenly so much like ants in terms of respective ability to you, but are still fairly important in the grand scheme of things (to say nothing of their potential importance on a personal and emotional level to you). And sometimes it's about over-the-top kung fu battles on top of a big city skyscraper with miracles flying left and right while you battle with the Dark Horsemen from the Lands Beyond Creation over fundamental pillars of reality itself.It really depends on the players.

And it's a really fun game, but it can be hard to find groups sometimes even if you've got a copy of the absolutely gorgeous book, which has been in publisher hell for years now and has gone for triple digits on ebay and amazon (although we've been teased for a while now by hints of a new edition being forthcoming for a while, no concrete dates have been set yet). And I've run it several times as a pick-up one shot, so I know it can work as such, admittedly usually with people who were familiar with the rules and system, but not always.

So, would anyone out there be interested in such a game? And if so, what time slots would be good for you? (I haven't committed to anything yet, so my schedule's still wide open) I think I'd be good with 4 to 5 players, and I'm tentatively saving one slot for Brendan if he wants it because he's wanted to game face to face with me for a long time now.

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Re: Nobilis?

Post by Brendan » May 25th, 2010, 2:21 pm

I'm in, obviously.

Ryan.Craig
Name:Craig

Post by Ryan.Craig » May 25th, 2010, 5:41 pm

I'm definitely interested. I've been wanting to try it out for a while.

Ice Cream Emperor
Name:Daniel Wood

Post by Ice Cream Emperor » May 26th, 2010, 8:49 am

I am specifically avoiding scheduling things in advance, but in terms of general interest -- I love Nobilis in theory, and would be interested in playing. Whether or not I will be free to play at any given time will be left up the Implacable Hand of Fate.

To be honest I am always kind of curious how other people actually run the game.

jem

Post by jem » May 27th, 2010, 9:52 am

Nobilis? At last I can justify purchasing the shiny, shiny book. I would love to play.

Scheduling: Saturday before ~3pm is bad. All other times are good.

Ryan.Craig

Post by Ryan.Craig » May 27th, 2010, 9:55 am

Anytime but Friday night works for me. Shiny.

ping

Post by ping » May 27th, 2010, 12:12 pm

If you guys want to LARP it, I've got the supplement! Never managed to buy the pretty core book though and now it sounds like it'll cost me a million dollars. :)

cwilbur
Name:Charlton Wilbur

Post by cwilbur » June 1st, 2010, 8:28 am

I'd love to play (and have the GWB, and have played before). And I've committed to nothing else in my schedule yet.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » June 1st, 2010, 2:20 pm

I have the TOME OF EXACERBATED ARM STRAIN also, and would love to play the Power of Writer-Owned Roleplaying Games. Or, you know, something less ridiculous.

Ryan.Craig

Post by Ryan.Craig » June 3rd, 2010, 4:12 pm

So is the game a go? How about Saturday night?

Return to “Brainstorming Games”