My games list: Polaris, IAWA, Penny for Your Thoughts, more

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
cwilbur
Name:Charlton Wilbur
My games list: Polaris, IAWA, Penny for Your Thoughts, more

Post by cwilbur » June 1st, 2010, 8:44 am

So I thought about starting a thread for each and every game I would be willing to play, and thought that would get really spammy really fast. So I thought I'd make a list of a few games I wanted to play, and I figured that if any of them garnered a lot of interest, we could just spin it off into a new thread.

So the games I've never played:

Polaris - I've wanted to try this for YEARS. Several times now, I've *almost* played it, but each time the group decided on something else instead.

In A Wicked Age - I just found out about this game a couple months ago. (Not paying attention, apparently.)

A Penny for Your Thoughts - This one has really interesting mechanics - shared ownership of characters, and no GM. And it's all about backstory.

Burning Wheel - Okay, I *have* played this one. But it was with a group that really wasn't invested in it, and the system doesn't work with players whose attitude is "you tell me when to roll dice, and I'll roll them." I'd love to play it with a group that was actually engaged with the system.

And the games I've played before and would gladly play (run) again:

Fiasco - I've played this a half-dozen times now, and each time it's been a wonderful messy disaster. In-game, that is.

carry. - What can I say - I like games with tough moral choices.

(There are many more I would gladly play or run again, but those are the top two that came to mind when I thought of games I either really liked or hadn't played in a while.)

ping

Re: My games list: Polaris, IAWA, Penny for Your Thoughts,

Post by ping » June 1st, 2010, 2:15 pm

I've played Polaris a bunch but I would totally play it again in a heartbeat. I'll be sure to remind myself how it works and bring it along in case a game breaks out.
Last edited by ping on June 1st, 2010, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » June 1st, 2010, 2:17 pm

I would really love to play any of those games. Except for Carry. Because I do not know what it is.

Susan
Name:Susan

Post by Susan » June 2nd, 2010, 3:09 pm

Polaris sounds good to me too - it's on my hit list.

Darin S.

Post by Darin S. » June 3rd, 2010, 2:55 am

Polaris, Carry, and In a Wicked Age are on my list to play, too.

I just picked up A Penny for My Thoughts and Fiasco, but have yet to play them, so I'd be game for those too.

cwilbur

Post by cwilbur » June 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am

skinnyghost: carry is a game about the Vietnam war, in the vein of books like The Things They Carried (where it gets its metaphor of carrying burdens), and movies like Platoon and Full Metal Jacket. It's basically structured so that things go all pear-shaped and the characters wind up in conflict with each other and with their own values.

Susan
Name:Susan

Post by Susan » June 3rd, 2010, 3:49 pm

Hey Darin - we're trying to put together Fiasco Here:
http://www.goplaynw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83

and Polaris now here:
http://www.goplaynw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=95

People seem to be generally trending towards more pick-up the scheduled games so I don't know what will gel. I may offer to run either or both if I get a chance to practice facilitating them at the Seattle meet-up before GPNW rolls around.

cwilbur

Post by cwilbur » June 4th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Okay, it's my f'in thread, and I'm adding more games.

I just had a serious indie-game shopping spree, and I'd be up for a game of Cat, Annalise, or Montségur 1244. I also took a look at some of the stuff I already had, and I'd definitely be up for running or playing in a game of Call/Trail of Cthulhu.

Decisions, decisions.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”