FRI-01 The Drifter's Escape

We came. We saw. We gamed.
Joel P. Shempert
Name:Joel P. Shempert
FRI-01 The Drifter's Escape

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 22nd, 2010, 2:30 pm

OK, So I played the Drifter in Ben Lehman's game the Drifter's Escape. It's about a lone wanderer caught between the Man and the Devil in a "just come to town and walked into a messy human situation" kind of scenario. You're constantly forced to choose between the Man's or the Devil's offered deal to accomplish a goal, or else try to remain pure and play your own hand against both of them. If you become indebted too much to one or the other, they decide your fate.

I played Ira Graves, middle aged, alcoholic, hitching across the Northwest looking for honest work. He got caught between vile aging landowner Big Bill Hutchins and his estranged son WIlliam, who forsook his inheritance to impregnate and marry the hispanic voodoo princess Estrella and make it on their own. Ira fell for her in an instant and ferried whiskey peace offerings to Big Bill (actually voodoo draughts to slowly poison him, I think). When he met William (not "Little Bill," never "Little Bill") and saw him scorn his wife's help and treat her badly, Ira told him off and followed Estrella outside and fucked her against the shed. She went inside, argued with William, and William shot himself. Ira fled in horror.

The Devil had gained control of Ira's fate, so he took over Big Bill's estate when he died, and switched from illegal-immigrant potato-picking to illegal-immigrant meth-running. Finally put that college chemistry study to good use, and even got the girl! Happy ending, right?

Peace,
-Joel
Last edited by Joel P. Shempert on June 22nd, 2010, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel P. Shempert

Re: FRI-01 The Drifter's Escape

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 22nd, 2010, 3:04 pm

Oh, I should mention that the Ben was backed up in playing the man by Susan and Michael. David Drake played the Devil, and man, did he ever offer the sweetest of deals.

EpsilonMinus
Name:Michael Petersen

Post by EpsilonMinus » June 22nd, 2010, 6:02 pm

I think her name was Estrella.

Joel P. Shempert

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 22nd, 2010, 6:40 pm

Yes! That was it! Consider it edited in.

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”