SUN-02 No Love in the Time of Seið

We came. We saw. We gamed.
Ben Robbins
SUN-02 No Love in the Time of Seið

Post by Ben Robbins » June 24th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Matthew pitched "Love in the Time of Seið" for the pickup-throwdown, and Michael, Dale and I jumped in to try it out.

We packed in some serious romantic betrayal. I think just about every act of violence was driven by love or love-betrayed. The Earl running through the pregnant Seiðkona was super-cold, and our rage-love death spiral just unfolded from there. Swapping around who was playing the Princess actually seemed to make her plight seem even more tragic, right up to getting cut down by the enraged and unrequited Knight.

The King lives, but is a broken man when he finds his slaughtered child, and then his kingdom is overthrown and he's enslaved by his former thrall. The Knight lives, but he's a scarred, savage, man-monster, haunting the woods and howling for his lost Seiðkona.

No happy ending for anybody in the Time of Seið. Thanks for facilitating Matthew!

nemomeme
Name:Matthew

Re: SUN-02 No Love in the Time of Seið

Post by nemomeme » June 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm

I loved your flighty, cavalier Knight, Ben. And the opportunity to play with all of you for the first time. Thanks go to Ping for press-ganging me into pitching this at the pick-up throwdown. I had put up the sign-up sheet 30 minutes before the slot, no one had signed up, (if anyone even saw it), and I was hesitant about facilitating it for a broad group that wasn't specifically signing up for a freeform-ish GM-less game. But it went just fine! Fine in a tragic way... :D

ping

Re: SUN-02 No Love in the Time of Seið

Post by ping » June 28th, 2010, 1:35 pm

nemomeme wrote:Thanks go to Ping for press-ganging me into pitching this at the pick-up throwdown.
:lol: I'm so glad to hear it went well!

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”