Name:Matthew
SAT-04 Danger Patrol -The Chronos Kraken

Post by nemomeme » June 25th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Players: David Hauth, Ben Wray, Eric J. Boyd, Matthew Gagan

(archivist placeholder - more later)

Ben Wray

Re: SAT-04 Danger Patrol -The Chronos Kraken

Post by Ben Wray » June 30th, 2010, 5:36 pm

While we wait in tense anticipation for the write-up of the exciting adventures of Tank Turbo (Intrepid Warrior), THRX-99 aka "Thorax" (Robot Daredevil), and Professor Explosion (Atomic Professor), here's the first of three photos from flickr detailing the amazing level of prep Matt brought to the game. Check out that laminated map of The Nemo as chaos and danger erupts all over it!

A few classic moments, maybe slightly paraphrased through the fog of imperfect memory:

Matt (GM): "So how do you stop the robots from exploding?"
David (playing Tank Turbo): "Easy!"
(long pause)
Matt: "Funny as it would be to leave it at that, I think I'd like an actual description."

Eric (playing THRX-99) "Okay, I disguise myself as one of the walruses using my holographic projector, and sneak in."
Ben: "But the danger is, the guards occasionally take pot-shots at the walruses, to relieve boredom."
David: "Also, it's walrus mating season."
(Collective 'oooohs'. Eric rolls the dice, and nails it.)
Matt: "Okay, one guard raises his rifle, but the other one goes,'No, it's mating season. The poor thing doesn't know what she's doing.' You waddle successfully into the compound."

Tank Turbo: "I'm a danger to myself... AND to others!"

ETA: Also, Matt posted the introductory scenario on story-games, if you want to take a gander. His voice as Uldar the Unfathomable gurgling out "Let none of them survive!!!" was fantastic in ways I can't do justice to via the text medium.

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”