FRI-01 Minions of Doctor Shark

We came. We saw. We gamed.
Ben Robbins
FRI-01 Minions of Doctor Shark

Post by Ben Robbins » July 1st, 2010, 4:17 pm

Me, Doug, and Evan playing, Brandon GMing his Minions / Apocalypse World spin-off

We had a great time riffing off the "villain placement system" -- Doctor Shark is very sympathetic and understanding, but still murderous and bloodthirsty. The submerged metropolis of Doctor Shark is a great place to work: you can have a frogurt in the atrium, chat with co-workers, watch the sea life dart past the outer dome, then get back to your cubicle and hammer out the details of Doctor Shark's masterplan: flooding the planet.

We got a pretty simple assignment to steal some Unobtainium from a lab on the Jersey Shore, but we decided that, y'know what, it didn't make sense for Doctor S to send us on such a mundane mission. Clearly it was a test of our potential! This was our big chance!

So instead of just stealing the hot U, we decided to also sink a good chunk of the city into the ocean, as an _homage_ to Doc S's masterplan. Just think how great that would look on our quarterly reviews? Minion of the Month, here we come!

Langoroth
Name:Brandon A

Re: FRI-01 Minions of Doctor Shark

Post by Langoroth » July 6th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Thanks for that Ben. This was the first time I had actually run Minions, Inc. and it was a blast to run.

If anyone is interested, I will be posting playtest rules and the like in the Minions, Inc. Forum.

http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?board=22.0

See you there.

--Brandon

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”