First GPNW

All things post-GPNW, except game summaries. Show us your photos. Give us your feedback.
skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel
First GPNW

Post by skinnyghost » June 21st, 2010, 2:00 am

Thank you so much everyone I played with or sat around shooting the shit about games. It felt like one long, awesome game session with people who i'd known for ages, even though I was very much the new kid.

Seriously, so great.

Joel P. Shempert
Name:Joel P. Shempert

Re: First GPNW

Post by Joel P. Shempert » June 21st, 2010, 12:19 pm

Right on, man. Even though we didn't quite manage to play together, it was great to meet and chat. See you next time!

BabbageCliologic
Name:Matt A. Borselli

Post by BabbageCliologic » June 21st, 2010, 12:34 pm

It was very much an enjoyable weekend and my first GPNW!

I plan on attending next year.

/Matt

Ben Wray

Post by Ben Wray » June 21st, 2010, 6:01 pm

It was also my first GPNW, and I had a fantastic time! Thanks to all the organizers who made it possible, and everyone who gamed with me, whether running for me, playing for me in either of the two games I ran, playing with me, or just hanging out and shooting the breeze between sessions or grabbing a bite to eat or those pick-up games of Dominion. Especial thanks to Brendan Adkins who convinced me to come out in the first place (and it was great to meet you after all those years of gaming in the hoary depths of AIM chat), and Tony Dowler, who let me get in on more than my fair share of Apocalypse D&D when I was at loose ends and without a game to play in sunday afternoon (and also showing me that decent pub saturday after the first ApocoD&D game I was in). But the rest of you were all awesome as well, and should take a bow.

I don't know if I'll come again next year, it'll probably depend on various things like how much vacation time I've got available, personal finances, if I can find someone cool to share a hotel room with, etc, but I'll definitely be sorely tempted, despite the length of the trip.

GregF
Name:Greg

Post by GregF » June 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

Indeed. This was my first time at Go Play as well (Just moved to Seattle last summer), and it was a great experience! Enjoyed finally seeing what PTA was about, and trying to roll up a Star Trek character.

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » June 21st, 2010, 9:52 pm

Ben Wray wrote:(and it was great to meet you after all those years of gaming in the hoary depths of AIM chat)
It really was. I worried a bit that I was overloading GPNW with all the awesome that I wanted to happen, but I think it balanced out pretty nicely in the end. I'm very glad you came and that you had fun!

cwilbur
Name:Charlton Wilbur

Post by cwilbur » June 22nd, 2010, 9:48 am

It was my first GPNW as well. I showed up with a list of 9 or 10 games that I really wanted to try, and actually managed to try exactly one of them, which sounds like it ought to have been disappointing, but I can't think of a single slot that I did play that I'd trade for a hypothetical slot of something on my list.

In fact, two of the real wins of the convention for me were games that I had no idea I'd be playing until I got there -- Ribbon Drive and Remember Tomorrow. Further to that: I am completely convinced that I played in the best session of the convention, and the rest of you all lost out. The only problem is, I can't figure out which of several options it might be, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll let you all know.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » June 22nd, 2010, 10:23 am

cwilbur wrote: In fact, two of the real wins of the convention for me were games that I had no idea I'd be playing until I got there -- Ribbon Drive and Remember Tomorrow. Further to that: I am completely convinced that I played in the best session of the convention, and the rest of you all lost out. The only problem is, I can't figure out which of several options it might be, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll let you all know.
Happy to hear you enjoyed the Remember Tomorrow game! I was really happy when that game picked up and really hit the ground running. I never thought that just walking around the table and facilitating play would be as much fun as it was!

Return to “Afterglow: The Good, The Bad & The Awesome”