Microdungeon Madness!!

The place to discuss all things GPNW 2011, except games. Can't wait until July? Us neither.
Caesar_X
Name:Chris Bennett
Microdungeon Madness!!

Post by Caesar_X » May 16th, 2011, 4:10 pm

For those of you not following at home, for the past year or so Tony Dowler has been drawing these awesome fantasy microdungeons in his spare time and posting them online.

http://blog.microdungeons.com/

I know Tony recently did an art show of his work at a cafe (in Seattle, I believe?)

But I would like to propose something different.

Tony, I challenge you to find space on the walls at GPNW to hang a number of your...less esoteric (AKA more playable) microdungeons. Along with a few copies of some very simple old-school D&D rules like quick start Labyrinth Lord. And let folks borrow a microdungeon or two to play, either in a fixed session or in freeplay time.

I will help to set this up if you are so inclined. Let's get our dungeon on!

tonydowler

Re: Microdungeon Madness!!

Post by tonydowler » May 18th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the plug! :)

I'd love to see folks playing some of my dungeons at Go Play NW, though I'd feel a little weird about hanging them on my walls.

I accept your challenge however to put together some kind of microdungeon quickstart kit. Assuming I get it done (no guarantee!) I'll make a bunch of copies and give them to whomever wants at Go Play.

Also (shameless plug) if you do want to see some of my dungeons hanging on walls, they (and some other art) will be prominently displayed at Cafe Vertie in the Madrona neighborhood for the full months of June - July.
http://veritecoffee.com/index.html

Caesar_X
Name:Chris Bennett

Post by Caesar_X » May 18th, 2011, 6:04 pm

That sounds good to me:)

Since there is some old-school and Dungeon World sessions being planned, I wanted to see your work out there for people to play with. It's awesome!

Ben Wray

Post by Ben Wray » May 24th, 2011, 4:13 am

This would be hot! Like, a page of rules on one side, a page of choice microdungeons on the other? My votes for the microdungeons included would definitely have to be the Hall of the Water Weird, and the Barrow On The Hill.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » June 6th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Caesar_X wrote:Since there is some old-school and Dungeon World sessions being planned, I wanted to see your work out there for people to play with. It's awesome!
Amen, Brother Bennett, amen!!

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”