Selling Games @ GPNW

The place to discuss all things GPNW 2011, except games. Can't wait until July? Us neither.
mcdaldno
Selling Games @ GPNW

Post by mcdaldno » July 1st, 2011, 3:44 pm

Hey organizers,

In the past, a small number of game designers (myself, Joel Shempert, Ben Lehman, Jackson Tegu, others?) have either sold games out of our backpacks, or co-opted a small table and set up a small booth (left unmanned, run on the honour system) to sell games.

Has this been okay? Is this okay to continue to do? What would the organizers like to see?

Personally, I hope that it's deemed okay to do backpack sales, I hope it's deemed fine to co-opt a small table and sell games on the honour system, and I hope it stays grassroots. But I want to make sure that I/we aren't stepping on anyone's toes in assuming that.

theg33k
Name:Chris Eng

Re: Selling Games @ GPNW

Post by theg33k » July 1st, 2011, 6:20 pm

Just FYI, I'm planning on bringing a couple hundred dollars to buy games with. I don't mind how people want to handle that, so long as I'm able to press cash into people's hands and walk away with books.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » July 1st, 2011, 9:57 pm

I would say go right ahead. We don't really have any official policy on this.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » July 4th, 2011, 9:22 am

I would really, really like it if everyone who is attending who has a published game would bring a couple of copies because I would probably buy them. There were lots of times last year where, after a game, I thought "okay, now, who do I pay to MAKE THIS MINE!?" and then couldn't.

Philip
Name:Philip L

Post by Philip » July 5th, 2011, 6:44 pm

To contradict Tony slightly, officially, we do not have vendors at Go Play NW. That's because having vendors involves city regulations and taxes.

However, Tony is certainly correct that we also do not have any official policies in place prohibiting private individuals from handling personal transactions on the side.

I'll have to make a point of getting the details on the regulations and taxes, so that we can work out an official policy for the future.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » July 7th, 2011, 5:46 am

skinnyghost wrote:I would really, really like it if everyone who is attending who has a published game would bring a couple of copies because I would probably buy them.
Ditto!

Joel P. Shempert
Name:Joel P. Shempert

Post by Joel P. Shempert » July 7th, 2011, 12:28 pm

I'll be on hand with copies of my own game The Dreaming Crucible and Jake Richmond's game Panty Explosion Perfect. (because, Jake, sadly, couldn't make it.)

And I know Joe McDaldno will be selling Perfect: Unrevised, because I'm bringing his books for him!

Peace,
-Joel

gammaraygames
Name:Eric Logan

Post by gammaraygames » July 8th, 2011, 1:30 pm

As the owner of (and primary buyer for) Gamma Ray Games, I'll be bringing a check book and will be ready buy multiple copies of games from creators willing to offer me wholesale rates.

I have a WA State resellers ID & will be happy to conduct purchases outside of GoPlay's doors as necessary as I have nothing but respect for the organization & would not want to to complicate their mission in any way.

I'm also the designated indie games host for PAX this year where backpack sales are strictly verboten so if you are planning on demoing anything there you should come and talk to me at some point this weekend so that I can explain their policy and how I can help you operate responsibly with it.

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”