D&D Gamma World?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
Eric J. Boyd
D&D Gamma World?

Post by Eric J. Boyd » May 21st, 2011, 9:53 pm

So I've had a blast locally with the latest iteration of Gamma World. You know the one - lightning-quick character creation, the cards for ancient tech and weird powers, gonzo action, fast living and cheap deaths.

Are there people interested in playing some GW at GPNW?

mcdaldno

Re: D&D Gamma World?

Post by mcdaldno » May 22nd, 2011, 1:15 pm

Possibly.

I had a very frustrating experience playing in a Gamma World game previously. We were sent on a quest which involved guiding a GM-NPC around and protecting it, and having to interact with various flat NPC groups.

I wanted to be battling electric hawk-people in an elephant boneyard, and/or being swarmed by tentacled goblin-folk on a rocky cliff-edge, and/or fighting psychic amoeba-monsters inside of a kraken's belly, and/or fighting biker gangs with laser powers. Storyline justifications welcome, but never necessary.

I'd be down for Gamma World if it were about weirdo battles and crazy hijinx, and less so if it were about completing quests.

Eric J. Boyd

Post by Eric J. Boyd » May 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm

So it sounds like the "D&D" part took precedence over the GW wackiness in your game - that's too bad.

I'll definitely keep your desire for weirdo battles in mind as I put something together.

Ben Wray

Post by Ben Wray » May 24th, 2011, 3:44 am

I've always loved the color of Gamma World, although I've never gotten to play it (still have an old-school, I think first edition set of rules), so count me as intrigued!

Jay Loomis

Post by Jay Loomis » June 13th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Depending on timeslot and what other games are on offer, I'd be down for some Gamma World action.

Katar
Name:Mark Hong

Post by Katar » June 26th, 2011, 7:06 pm

I'm interested but like the above post I'm waiting to hear about some time slots that I inquired about. The first ones to confirm are the ones that I will go with.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”