And finally - beta game Big Characters, Big Issues

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
zornwil
Name:Wilson Zorn
And finally - beta game Big Characters, Big Issues

Post by zornwil » June 4th, 2011, 11:46 pm

I'd like to run my game long in development and very nearly complete (just pending last (?) playtests now). It's now known as Big Characters, Big Issues. The particular setting for this I run is space opera. The basic idea is your characters are awesomely competent, able to perform off the hook coolness, but also have big bad Issues, and you'll have to eventually tap into those Issues, that well of rage and need and just plain simple desires, to succeed - but that means they grow (which is great as you tap them more) and can also be used against you as well.

Mainly I have run this to more light-toned over-the-top action, as in a prior Go Play a couple or three years ago. And happy to run that way again. But also happy to run grimmer. We'll figure that out together.

This one is open for at least 3 players, and up to 4 if I run in a 3 hour slot, and can scale up to 5 people for a 4 hour slot.

Would be interesting to know if anyone is more or less interested in the other games I've put into this Brainstorming forum than this (Dogs variant thread, Apocalypse World thread, and the Blowback thread).

kscott
Name:Keenan Scott

Re: And finally - beta game Big Characters, Big Issues

Post by kscott » June 14th, 2011, 9:18 am

I'm intrigued, and I like big, grim issues. Do you have a day or slot in mind?

zornwil
Name:Wilson Zorn

Re: And finally - beta game Big Characters, Big Issues

Post by zornwil » June 26th, 2011, 11:00 am

No, not yet, I'm open (aside from what I've already scheduled of course).

Return to “Brainstorming Games”