Betrayal at House on the Old School Hack

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
Betrayal at House on the Old School Hack

Post by Brendan » July 4th, 2011, 5:48 pm

I like mashing board games up with RPGs. I've recently had a lot of fun with a scenario that combined Old School Hack with monsters and PC abilities generated at random from Small World, and I want to try something similar at GPNW. This time, however, the map and the opposition will be generated by one of those "flawed-with-huge-potential" board games: Betrayal at House on the Hill.

The players will be a group of vaguely Victorian-era explorers hired to retrieve a sacred tome from a decaying manse--if they can get out alive! Each room in the house will have an encounter or challenge associated with it, but as in the board game, we'll build the house by flipping over random tiles one at a time. If they reach their goal, will the characters end up betrayed and facing down one of their own? Hmmm... what an interesting question...

The system will once again be Old School Hack, which is easy to learn, quick, fun, and highly adaptable. I don't think I'll schedule a slot for this, but I'll have it ready to run in one of my free slots. If you find your interest piqued, it would be great to hear from you below!

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Re: Betrayal at House on the Old School Hack

Post by moleculo » July 4th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Jeezuz Brendan, you keep this up and I'm gonna turn into a fanboy stalker. Or more of one than I already am. That sounds hot.

theg33k
Name:Chris Eng

Post by theg33k » July 4th, 2011, 10:18 pm

I'm also of the opinion that while Betrayal is a good game, it stops just short of being a GREAT game. This could give it an extra nudge in that direction. I'm curious. I'll keep an eye out for this and see if it syncs up with any of my open slots.

xenopulse
Name:Christian Griffen

Post by xenopulse » July 5th, 2011, 10:24 am

Color my interest VERY PIQUED!

Return to “Brainstorming Games”