SAT-02 Japanese TRPG Explosion!

Planning games for particular slots
Andy K
Name:Andy K
SAT-02 Japanese TRPG Explosion!

Post by Andy K » June 20th, 2011, 11:06 pm

"Players": Unlimited.
Sat 02 slot: 1:00-3:30

Since I couldn't decide on which Japanese RPG (aside from Tenra, planning sessions now) ((http://www.goplaynw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=213)), I decided to bring a couple of games to demonstrate, to show off a scene or two in each and describe their awesome parts.

This will include:
* Tenra Bansho Zero, an RPG set in a hyper-Asian future of magic and high tech: A quick rundown of its signature Preview Act, plus a demonstration of scenes and combat.

* Shinobigami, a story game of teens in warring ninja clans: A look at character creation, a sample scene and combat.

* Ryuutama, a feelgood light fantasy game: A look at how the GM plays a character, gains levels like the PCs, and how that affects the stories.

* Alshard, a console-like fantasy game for the tabletop: Show how it sparked a revolution in gaming recently, and became the go-to system for most releases by the publisher.

* Yuuyake Koyake, a Miyazaki-like diceless game of innocence and human drama: What's up with it, etc.

So it's basically a directed show and tell, Q&A, about what the hell I've been working on, and how the website Story Games was a direct result of working on these games!

It will of course also include play demonstrations, so there will be the actual playing of roles by you in some degree. But this is mostly a session to hang out, relax, let your lunch digest and watch me blather on excitedly about advancements and coolness that is happening Over There.

-Andy

kscott
Name:Keenan Scott

Re: SAT-02 Japanese TRPG Explosion!

Post by kscott » June 21st, 2011, 11:45 am

This sounds awesome, but I'm already committed to facilitating a game in SAT-02! Any chance of there being a second show-and-tell? (Or if the slot ends up changing, I'd be in.)

Andy K
Name:Andy K

Re: SAT-02 Japanese TRPG Explosion!

Post by Andy K » June 26th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Heya, unfortunately I'm just doing the one session, blathering nonstop is surprisingly draining. But I'll be running these games here and there, so maybe join in on a session, be it formal/scheduled or informal.

-Andy

Return to “Game Scheduling”