(FRI-01 to SUN-01) Grudge Mansion

Planning games for particular slots
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
(FRI-01 to SUN-01) Grudge Mansion

Post by Brendan » July 6th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Some of you guys were kind enough to try out the ambient postapocalyptic searching/haggling game Rubble with me at GPNW 2009. Several people have mentioned that they remember it fondly and would play it again, so I'm going to run something in a similar vein this year: Grudge Mansion.

Here's how it works: I'll have sixteen envelopes, each with a nametag sticker and a murder card that specifies a target and a location. Starting at the Feast, you can find me at any time to get your identity and assignment. Slap the sticker on the lower part of your GPNW pass, then try to happen upon your target in the specified location and hand them the murder card to kill them off. When the deed is done, they take your card and stick it up on the leaderboard, and you get their murder card--you now have a new target and location. Last guest standing wins! (I don't know what you win yet; taking suggestions.)

In the event that we don't have sixteen players by the end of SAT-03, deceased guests are welcome to find me and pick up a spare for a new chance at life, but I don't think that will be necessary. The winner will be crowned at the pickup donut between SUN-01 and SUN-02.

No signup sheet necessary for this game. If one of the organizers does already know which rooms in the Seattle Center are ours and what they'll be called, it would be great if you wanted to list them below, but I can always write them in on arrival.

EnricPDX
Name:Harry L.

Re: (FRI-01 to SUN-01) Grudge Mansion

Post by EnricPDX » July 6th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Oh, man! In.

mcdaldno

Post by mcdaldno » July 6th, 2011, 10:50 pm

I'm in, I'm in.

I'm going to win.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » July 6th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Our three rooms at the con are Orcas, Fidalgo, and Lopez (plus the hall area, which is where game signups will be). Count me in!

Ben Wray

Post by Ben Wray » July 7th, 2011, 1:33 am

Consider me in as well!

Might we consider implementing a "Don't interrupt a game in progress by murdering one of the players" rule? As a consideration to people who aren't involved?

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » July 7th, 2011, 10:25 am

Thanks, Tony! And good point, Ben--I'll put that on the rules sheet.

Susan
Name:Susan

Post by Susan » July 7th, 2011, 3:50 pm

I'm in! See you corpses tomorrow!

Return to “Game Scheduling”