SAT01 - Trapped in a Dwarf Hole

We came. We saw. We gamed.
tonydowler
SAT01 - Trapped in a Dwarf Hole

Post by tonydowler » July 12th, 2011, 12:11 pm

I brought these three one-page DungeonWorld adventure sketches to GPNW this year, and one of them was Trapped in a Dwarf Hole. I came up with the outline for this ages and ages ago, and I've really wanted to run it ever since. The adventure starts when a group of dungeon delers are trapped in a Dwarven ruin by a cave in and have to find an alternate way out past horrible blood-sucking cave beetles and the demonic Butcher. I think every group I've ever seen play this had a PC end up running around with a beetle latched to his back.

The party totally stepped in and did all my work for me, filling in the details of the ghost (a Dwarf who killed his family in a rage when he discovered they were parlaying with Demons) and the Demon (the holy symbol from the family treasury could be used to banish him). Sage's fighter with his ancestral glowing demon-bashing fists was a huge bonus.

sage

Re: SAT01 - Trapped in a Dwarf Hole

Post by sage » July 12th, 2011, 1:15 pm

This was easily the best intro to Dungeon World (or any dungeon-crawly game) I can imagine. I will be running this for a long time to come.

Caesar_X
Name:Chris Bennett

Post by Caesar_X » July 12th, 2011, 1:36 pm

This was my first time playing Dungeon World. Tony's great GM-fu and fun adventure + sitting next to Sage = Great intro to the game!

I will be running this in the Bay Area. For reals.

sage

Post by sage » July 12th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Glad you liked the glowing fists, Tony. I'm never sure if that option is too far out for some groups, but I love it. Getting to use my fists as a low-tech demon detector was great!

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”