Many thanks for a great convention!

All things post-GPNW, except game summaries. Show us your photos. Give us your feedback.
Jay Loomis
Many thanks for a great convention!

Post by Jay Loomis » July 10th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I had a fantastic weekend!

I played in six games, varying from the silly to the intensely dramatic, and all were top notch. None of the hit-and-miss I usually associate with convention play.

Despite basically not knowing anyone, I was welcomed by all and treated with gracious respect. I was so impressed by the maturity and fellowship of all assembled.

Thanks all for renewing my faith in this crazy hobby. :D

bfz
Name:Chris Tulach

Re: Many thanks for a great convention!

Post by bfz » July 12th, 2011, 12:12 am

I'll second what Jay said. I only came out for Saturday, but I had a great time. Got to play in Eric Boyd's Gamma World game, introduced folks to a ancient treasure known as Lost Worlds, ran a quick game of ICONS, and got to play in a kingmaker story game (can't remember the name, but it was short and fun).

It was good to meet a bunch of you, especially Whit, Sage, Adam, and many others whom I'm now blanking on names. Thanks especially to the GPNW staff for putting on a great show - I hope to be there next year too!

John Harper

Re: Many thanks for a great convention!

Post by John Harper » July 16th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Agreed! The event was great, as usual. I especially loved the reduced noise level this year, and being able to play outside was great.

Chris: Thank you so much for bringing Lost Worlds! We're all addicted now, and will be picking up books at GenCon.

Return to “Afterglow: The Good, The Bad & The Awesome”