FRI-01 Archipelago II - CANCELED

Planning games for particular slots
nemomeme
Name:Matthew
FRI-01 Archipelago II - CANCELED

Post by nemomeme » May 8th, 2010, 11:38 am

I'm going to make sure that I finally get to play Archipelago II by committing it to a slot at GPNW.

This game has seen a good amount of play but is still in a formative mode and asks a fair amount of its players.

I'm looking for me + 3 players with a preference for those who've at least skimmed the rules and have a passing familiarity with the tropes of Modern Fantasy. I'm imagining a game with a YA fiction bent and more on the surrealist/fae/talking animals end of the spectrum than the gritty/noir end. I'm narrowing the focus beforehand (this far and only this far) in the interest of getting things rolling quickly so we're able to play as much as possible in the setting we create. Join me and let's build a little world!
Last edited by nemomeme on May 22nd, 2010, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarywhitegirl
Name:Dawn

Re: FRI-01 Archipelago II - Modern Fantasy

Post by scarywhitegirl » May 11th, 2010, 12:28 pm

This sounds like my kind of game. Sign me up! :)

Ryan.Craig
Name:Craig

Re: FRI-01 Archipelago II - Modern Fantasy

Post by Ryan.Craig » May 11th, 2010, 2:58 pm

I'll have to check the rules out first, but I'm definitely interested.

nemomeme

Re: FRI-01 Archipelago II - CANCELED

Post by nemomeme » May 22nd, 2010, 9:03 pm

I'm canceling this game for lack of interest. Even Dawn might not be able to make it Friday night. :(

I plan to check the Brainstorming forum, think about it a bit and then either offer something potentially more enticing in this slot or run a pick-up game, something that is more friendly for people who just want to drop into a game w/o necessarily knowing the rules.

I'll catch this unicorn someday.

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » May 22nd, 2010, 9:34 pm

Keep in mind, it's still four weeks out. Half the people who are registered aren't even signed up on the forums yet. Don't be surprised if lots of people are still in a "wait and see" mode. ;)

nemomeme

Post by nemomeme » May 23rd, 2010, 8:23 pm

I'm probably being impatient, true.

I just have a relatively specific game in mind and it's important to me that the participants be pretty enthused about and familiar with the genre I was going for - and that none of the slots be filled at the last minute by people just looking for a game. I think I'm going to try to put this together at the convention in a non-pre-scheduled mode. Failing that, some place outside GPNW. :)

I'm going to offer something similarly Scandahoovian to Archipelago II on either Saturday or Sunday morning. Just without the instance of a specific low-demand genre.

Return to “Game Scheduling”