Selling Games

The place to discuss all things GPNW 2012, except games.
mcdaldno
Selling Games

Post by mcdaldno » March 13th, 2012, 2:07 pm

In past years (Hugo House and Seattle Centre Northwest especially), a few folks have brought along merch and (A) made backpack sales, and (B) co-opted a table somewhere out of the way as a designated merch table (run on the honour system, which has so far worked great).

I want to check in with organizers: that's been a system that both buyers and sellers have really liked. I'm hopeful that it's okay for us to do so again this year. But it's not fair to you as organizers to spring that on the event without first checking. Is it okay to continue this model of letting people set up an honour-system merch table somewhere at the con?

tonydowler

Re: Selling Games

Post by tonydowler » March 13th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Absolutely! As in past years, we don't have any official activities around selling games, having dealer tables, etc., but we have no issues if you want to bring stuff and sell to other gamers. We only ask that it be done in a way that doesn't detract from the con in general.

Caesar_X
Name:Chris Bennett

Re: Selling Games

Post by Caesar_X » March 13th, 2012, 8:37 pm

I'm not an organizer.

But as the purchaser of these games I wholly support it!

I feel like its in keeping with the creative side of this con. I know of no other gatherings of similar size with so many designers bringing their games to be played. Yes...even Jackson's "hug-me-storytelling games":)

I love it all!!

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”