Monster Moldvay D&D

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel
Monster Moldvay D&D

Post by skinnyghost » March 13th, 2012, 2:37 pm

So, I've been all up ons the B/X D&D lately and I think it'd be fun to get a big group (say, 8 PCs and a DM) together to play such a thing at GPNW. We could probably do a 4 hour slot with pregens or two-slots with the same characters and different players? New players, people familiar with the system, whatever. Just some by-the-book big-group Moldvay. Could be fun, right?

I've got, and could run;

- Keep on the Borderlands
- In Search of the Unknown
- the Lost City
- Palace of the Silver Princess
- Rahasia

Thoughts?

tonydowler

Re: Monster Moldvay D&D

Post by tonydowler » March 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I'm 100% down with that! The Moldvay dungeon generator works great too, especially if you just spend a few minutes prepping some rooms to throw in for the "special" result.

Ben Wray

Post by Ben Wray » March 17th, 2012, 8:07 am

I'm running online, for friends, a slightly silly premise played entirely with a straight face: "Make a character of any system, and we'll throw them into a dungeon generated by the 1st ed AD&D DMG."

For "special" room results, I'm using the Fourthcore Alphabet's free web supplement "Iconic Dungeon Chambers" available here: http://slamdancr.com/wp/2011/12/fourthc ... -chambers/, which has generated some awesome results like "Forge of the Mithril Eye", "Room of the Maternal Hourglass", "Temple of the Resurrecting Heretic", etc.

Seriously, I can't wait for them to enter that room where a dude is being eternally killed and raised from the dead and killed again TO SUFFER FOREVER FOR HIS BLASPHEMY and see what the PCs do with the situation.

So I thought I would mention that as resource which may be useful for you as well if you want to add some more random tables into those random tables.

npinkert
Name:Neil Pinkerton

Post by npinkert » April 5th, 2012, 9:10 pm

I'm all over this. Let me know if I can help.

Mathalus
Name:Morgan Stinson

Post by Mathalus » May 6th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I am all about this. Should we bring some premade characters? I think it would drastically speed things up.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » May 7th, 2012, 11:12 am

That'd be fine. I'm not picky. Also, people can use http://redvan.wikidot.com/forum/t-34947 ... -generator to generate characters in about four seconds.

greatseamonster
Name:Greatseamonster

Post by greatseamonster » June 7th, 2012, 2:40 am

Great! I'll sign up as soon as there is a slot. Awesome character generation link BTW.
Playing with that a bit and yeah, as someone on one of the comments says, it generates a lot of thieves. A large party pack of thieves dungeon crawl might be fun though.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”