The Price of Freedom

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
theg33k
Name:Chris Eng
The Price of Freedom

Post by theg33k » April 6th, 2012, 2:12 pm

I offered to run The Price of Freedom last year, but didn't have any takers. What the hell--I'll try again.
In The Price of Freedom, America's worst Cold War nightmare came true: the Soviets developed an orbital defense system that neutralized America's strategic nuclear reserve. Soviet occupation forces have now come in to take over America. It's the job of the PCs, as American freedom fighters, to wage a guerrilla war to delay, destroy, and stymie the Soviet plans, a la "Red Dawn".
Anyone want to play the intro adventure? I'll probably keep the basic rules set and then fudge something simple and streamlined up for combat (the original combat rules looked like they were cribbed from an intro-level Avalon Hill game). C'mon--if you don't save America, who's going to?

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Re: The Price of Freedom

Post by skinnyghost » April 12th, 2012, 2:13 pm

I will play this with you, Chris. Can I be a slightly overweight computer nerd who gets picked on but at the last minute saves the rest of "the team" and "america" for justice and freedom and pie?!

theg33k

Post by theg33k » April 25th, 2012, 5:52 pm

No, you're not allowed to play yourself. *ducks* HEY-O!

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » May 1st, 2012, 1:25 pm

theg33k wrote:No, you're not allowed to play yourself. *ducks* HEY-O!
Fine, I'll play an aging, asian punk rocker who who writes romance novels instead.

theg33k

Post by theg33k » May 1st, 2012, 9:31 pm

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”