Full Metal Apocalypse via Regiment

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
zornwil
Name:Wilson Zorn
Full Metal Apocalypse via Regiment

Post by zornwil » May 29th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Hi, this is the first topic of a few for the games I'm hoping to run "formally," i.e. on the schedule.

This game uses John Harper's Apocalypse World hack for war drama, and I'm applying it to the same kinds of themes/feel as in Full Metal Jacket even though I will *NOT* be trying to recreate that film. If you haven't seen it, themes of loyalty, inhumanity of war, facing mortality, conformity, briefly and loosely speaking. Will keep it in the Vietnam War setting, American soldiers. Hope some folks are interested! And welcoming opinions on a couple ways I'm thinking of running:

Longer and in-depth: 4 players (or 3 would be fine, but length in this version can support 4), straddling the Sunday AM and first PM sessions, i.e. 6 hours, including a set-up and expository boot camp phase - if 4 people really want to do this, then I think it would be cool

Shorter and straight to action: 3 players in a 4 hour slot, perhaps still fitting in a boot camp phase that is linked to character gen (we'll do that together), a "regular" game slot

Return to “Brainstorming Games”