Sat 02 Danger Patrol: 1944 (FULL)

Planning games for particular slots
greatseamonster
Name:Greatseamonster
Sat 02 Danger Patrol: 1944 (FULL)

Post by greatseamonster » June 8th, 2012, 3:18 pm

3 players.

A grotesquely historically inaccurate mission-based WW2 Danger Patrol. The inspiration is pretty obvious: Raiders, the losers, Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos, castle wolfenstein, the Navarone movies, Hellboy, etc. Leaning as much as possible into the silver & golden age comic book wind.

I've thought and talked about this since the first time I played danger patrol and I've decided take the plunge running a game. I'll Be adapting a bit of danger troops and danger platoon, but it won't be pocket edition.

This will be the first time I've run a game at go play, and also the first time I've run a danger patrol game. I'm imagining more physical vs character based threats and probably less space and time bending...although you never know...

Reeally really looking foward to being witness to story unfolding/making on this one and there is every reason to believe I'll end up adapting the game play into illustrations and/or a comic book when all is said and done.
Last edited by greatseamonster on June 25th, 2012, 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

MackTheMouse2
Name:Charon MacDonald

Re: Sat 02 Danger Patrol: 1944

Post by MackTheMouse2 » June 9th, 2012, 7:43 am

I'm in for sure. I haven't played the system yet but I love the idea of Danger Dice and advancing the track. Is this going to be a mix of all things supernatural as soldiers/commandos? Or is it more BPRD with special agents doing things behind the lines in wartime?

greatseamonster

Post by greatseamonster » June 9th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Little of both...behind enemy lines? absolutely!
Characters will be a mite modified, but not so much. Will probably pull/replace a couple of the style cards, but I still want to keep it well outside the realm of realism.
Supernatural? Most likely!
So I'm imagining more in the lines of "the invaders" or yeah, BPRD, but it's really up to the players, if everyone wants to play Private Ryan's we can do that, but we'll be missing some of those flavors that I think Danger Patrol is best at.

John Powell

Post by John Powell » June 13th, 2012, 8:19 am

Private Powell reporting for duty, Sir!

gammaraygames
Name:Eric Logan

Post by gammaraygames » June 15th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Weird War II? I'm in.

greatseamonster

Post by greatseamonster » June 16th, 2012, 8:02 am

And we are full!
Eric
John
Mack

See you guys there. If someone really needs a game we could make a fourth player happen, but I think 3 is smart. Now I'm going to try to marinate myself in some ww2 movies for flavor.

Return to “Game Scheduling”