SAT-03: You Do Not Want To Play This Roach Game

Planning games for particular slots
Mathalus
Name:Morgan Stinson
Re: SAT-03: You Do Not Want To Play This Roach Game

Post by Mathalus » June 21st, 2012, 9:49 pm

Brendan, I'm up for it. Let me know if there's room.

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » June 22nd, 2012, 9:46 pm

Okay, so who do we have so far? Me, Matthew, Jackson, and Johnzo and Chris Bennett have indicated that they want to play again off-forum. Dale, Joe and Morgan are interested as well. That puts us at eight players, which is a lot for a Roach game! Is it time to split the party and run this fucking thing at two tables?

dhorstman
Name:Dale Horstman

Post by dhorstman » June 24th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Here's an idea…you more experienced Roachers can tell me if I'm out of my gourde or not.

How about a TANDEM 2 table game. We'll do character creation and introduction as a super group and then break off to the first event dividing players/characters as it makes sense, then switch and mix players by tandem events…coming back to a final full group, Roach powered crescendo!?!?

Could mask who's Roached a little while longer…

Might be a logistical nightmare…

Might break continuity too much…

Am I just dreaming that this could be possible.

I volunteer to help out in any way. I don't know if I'm capable of doing a hack content wise, but I'm totally capable of supporting a hack production wise (custom cards, NPC & PC photos/gathering, layout, etc.).

Dale

Mojo Jojo
Name:Joe Greathead

Post by Mojo Jojo » June 24th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Wow. A daunting idea.

I still have little idea of how to play but I will definitely do whatever I can to make this idea of a MegaRoach game succeed!

johnzo
Name:John Aegard

Post by johnzo » June 25th, 2012, 9:44 pm

That tandem Roach table thing sounds ... intriguing. I endorse anyone who tries to organize it! I bet we'd have to use timed scenes.

I agree with Jackson that I don't want to rehash the presidential race. Been there, done that.

I think that The Shab-Al-Hiri RHOAch would be bitchin. I foresee Tegu getting sexy amok with a weed-whacker and Bennett stacking the tennis instructors like cordwood.

We need these things for a Roach playset:

a) Some NPCs
b) Three scenes for those NPCs (why design six? we never use them all)
c) A set of personal die ranks (I have no idea what these would be)
d) New card names (probably an extra credit task)

I will volunteer a set of NPCs but as I've never experienced a real HOA I can't do anything about the rest of the playset.

Also, if Jackson turns up with a vineyard playset I would be into that, but I know less about vineyards than I do about HOAs so I can't contribute.

jackson tegu
Name:Tony Dowler

Post by jackson tegu » June 26th, 2012, 1:51 am

Oh, i am all over tha fucking Home Owner Association. That shit is too real to pass by.

Though this is an awkward thing to say on the internet, and no fun-stomping is meant to be done, i am mightily looking forward to pretend to be shitty people with the usual suspects this year - which is to say, i'd be bummed to miss out on playing the roach with any of chris, matthew, johnzo, or brendan... which means i'm not into splitting the party.

Also, i'm not into sprawly amounts of players, so i was thinking... six players? Me, those four i listed, and one other?

Yep, kinda awkward.

You other guys, you want to fight it out with knives or something?
Milk chugging contest?
Name calling? (Pretty dece sort of competition for the internet.)

SOrRy FoR pIsSiNg In YoUr CoRnFlAkEs

-jackson :mrgreen:

ps for the record i know very little about Homeowners Associations.
Also true about vineyards, the publishing industry, nascar, presidential elections and whatever else we've done.
I don't know much about stuff. I still manage to do a fair amount of damage, so...

I'm gonna casually brainstorm some stuff at work tomorrow.

dhorstman
Name:Dale Horstman

Post by dhorstman » June 26th, 2012, 10:50 am

Jackson,

No worries, I know where you're coming from, it is all cool.

As Joe was the first to officially jump in on this thread and I've had the privilege of playing with you all last year, I think he should get the spot.

Now, if for some reason Joe mysteriously "disappears", I'd be happy to take his place, you know, just to balance out the table of course. :)

Dale

OrionCanning

Post by OrionCanning » June 26th, 2012, 2:15 pm

This is a game I still haven't played and would love to try.

johnzo
Name:John Aegard

Post by johnzo » June 26th, 2012, 3:22 pm

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » June 26th, 2012, 3:59 pm

My nipples are perky in anticipation of Roaching with you HOAbags. A requirement will be a scene with Jackson pissing into cornflakes. Preferably followed by Bennett being force-fed said cornflakes but I can be flexible on that point. We could save that for hazing the newb.

Return to “Game Scheduling”