SAT-03: You Do Not Want To Play This Roach Game

Planning games for particular slots
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
SAT-03: You Do Not Want To Play This Roach Game

Post by Brendan » June 9th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Fucking sing out, soldiers. Who's in? I'm going to go ahead and declare my endorsement for a rerun of Presidential Election Roach, the playset that started it all back in 2008.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Re: SAT-03: You Do Not Want To Play This Roach Game

Post by moleculo » June 10th, 2012, 3:25 pm

My biceps still ache from that game but I'm in all the way to my acceptance speech.

Mojo Jojo
Name:Joe Greathead

Post by Mojo Jojo » June 11th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Excuse the n00b, but what is this?

Brendan

Post by Brendan » June 11th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Every year a few of us regulars play a late-night game of The Shab-Al-Hiri Roach, reskinned with a particular theme--past years have included the aforementioned scramble for a presidential nod, a Wall Street trading firm, a NASCAR racing season and a writers' convention. These games often get pretty over-the-top crass and we do our best to self-sequester from the rest of the con when possible. However, there is always at least one slot for a newcomer if you're interested!

jackson tegu
Name:Tony Dowler

Post by jackson tegu » June 19th, 2012, 9:53 am

I am totally in again.

Though it is an election year, for those following the proceedings, playing an election roach game may be a little too close to home. (Have you seen how many eyelids Romney has? Spoiler alert: you haven't.) I had two other ideas ~ one was a group of neighboring vineyards in the Similkameen Valley of Southern British Columbia, small towns with way too much new income - farmers who've given up on growing sustenance-based food or been bought out by young wine aficionados. Now there's lots of bad blood from those whose vegetable farms failed financially, confusion with what to do with this new money, wine tastings, vineyard tours, way too much alcohol, and no locally-sourceable food when the mountain-pass highways are snowed in. And who will be on the cover of the upcoming issue of Wine Spectator magazine? You simply can't buy advertising like that. Not with money, anyway.

Other idea to be jotted later as i spy the long arm of the clock.

skinnyghost
Name:adam koebel

Post by skinnyghost » June 19th, 2012, 10:49 am

jackson tegu wrote:I am totally in again.

Though it is an election year, for those following the proceedings, playing an election roach game may be a little too close to home. (Have you seen how many eyelids Romney has? Spoiler alert: you haven't.) I had two other ideas ~ one was a group of neighboring vineyards in the Similkameen Valley of Southern British Columbia, small towns with way too much new income - farmers who've given up on growing sustenance-based food or been bought out by young wine aficionados. Now there's lots of bad blood from those whose vegetable farms failed financially, confusion with what to do with this new money, wine tastings, vineyard tours, way too much alcohol, and no locally-sourceable food when the mountain-pass highways are snowed in. And who will be on the cover of the upcoming issue of Wine Spectator magazine? You simply can't buy advertising like that. Not with money, anyway.

Other idea to be jotted later as i spy the long arm of the clock.
Jackson, nobody wants to play Adam Koebel's Youth as an RPG. Fucking vineyards.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » June 20th, 2012, 8:07 am

skinnyghost wrote:Jackson, nobody wants to play Adam Koebel's Youth as an RPG. Fucking vineyards.
You realize you just sealed the deal, don't you? ALL of us Roach Regulars want to play your youth in the fucking vineyards. Hells yeah.

Brendan

Post by Brendan » June 20th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Johnzo and I talked quite a bit about the possibility of a Homeowner's Association Roach, getting murderously angry about speed bumps, lawn care and what the fuck to do with the wetland that's technically part of the housing development. Vineyards are fun too! The important thing is to keep the stakes HILARIOUSLY small.

Mojo Jojo
Name:Joe Greathead

Post by Mojo Jojo » June 20th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Well, if you guys are still up for allowing a newComer in on the game, I'm totally up for it. :D

dhorstman
Name:Dale Horstman

Post by dhorstman » June 21st, 2012, 9:05 pm

If there is still room, I'd love to join again! :)

Return to “Game Scheduling”