SUN-01 and SUN-02: Freemarket! [FULL]

Planning games for particular slots
Hans
Name:Hans
SUN-01 and SUN-02: Freemarket! [FULL]

Post by Hans » June 11th, 2012, 1:57 am

I will be running Freemarket in two slots: Sunday morning and the post-lunch Sunday afternoon slot. This will be two sessions of Freemarket, as through repeated play I've found the game much more rewarding when you can engage with the game's long-term structures (character advancement and evolution). The characters will be semi-pregen'd, to save time and energy, but you'll get a sense of how the game works and who your character is by tweaking and adding to the characters I bring.

What is FreeMarket?
A transhuman science fiction game set aboard a space settlement in the Saturnian system. Several generations are living on FreeMarket Station: the sons, daughters and grandchildren of the Originals; immigrant travelers from elsewhere in our solar system; and designed-to-order humans fabricated in 3d matter printers. It’s a world without death, without poverty, without sickness and without any need for laws.

What will you do with forever?
You could spend your days in blissful torpor browsing a universe of entertainment via your neural interface, oblivious to pain and hardship. But you’re not one of those baseliners, are you? You have hopes, dreams, fears, needs and passions. What will you do with forever?

Start a cult? Create new technologies or living creatures? Express yourself through art or violence? Make friends or Make enemies? Be human or become something else? You have more than a lifetime to discover who you really are.

So you know where I'm coming from: I'm currently running a long-term Freemarket game (5 sessions, so far), and I've run a one-shot and played in a one-shot. I know the game pretty well, but there's a lot of depth to plumb here.

A little disclaimer: Yep, this will be played with the same group over the course of two slots. So come if you're excited about Freemarket! It's my current favorite game. If you're interested but not so sure about signing up for both slots, let's talk here in this thread before you commit. Cool?
Last edited by Hans on June 25th, 2012, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingstonC

Re: SUN-01 and SUN-02: Freemarket! (4 players)

Post by KingstonC » June 11th, 2012, 4:18 pm

I'd love to play Freemarket! I'll take SUN -1

Darin S.

Post by Darin S. » June 11th, 2012, 7:08 pm

As long as it's OK that I've never played, I'd love to be part of this.

Mojo Jojo
Name:Joe Greathead

Post by Mojo Jojo » June 11th, 2012, 7:42 pm

I'm up for both sessions. Never played as well, but very very interested.

Hans

Post by Hans » June 11th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Newcomers welcome and encouraged!

Hey Kingston, did you see that it's a double-slot? If not enough folks are interested in playing in both slots, it's cool if you just show up for the first one and drop out after that, but let's wait and see, OK?

Room for 2 more folks, 1 more if Kingston wants to upgrade.

milesgaborit
Name:Miles Gaborit

Post by milesgaborit » June 12th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Count me in for both slots Hans! Been wanting to try this game forever, but haven't been able to sell it to my group! I am EXCITE!!!

Also, don't be fooled by the yellowness of this post - I'll be registered for GPNW as soon as I get paid Friday.

Cheers!

Hans

Post by Hans » June 14th, 2012, 12:57 am

Great! I look forward to playing with you, Miles.

Hans

Post by Hans » June 15th, 2012, 1:12 am

Also, looks like we still have 1 slot left, depending on Kingston's decision (I haven't heard from him). So if you want in, let me know. We may have room for you.

KingstonC

Post by KingstonC » June 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm in for SUN-2. (Sorry)

Hans

Post by Hans » June 19th, 2012, 12:50 am

No problem, Kingston! I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page.

So: Looks like we're full up! Feel free to post if you're interested in being an alternate, in case any of these folks decide to drop out (but why would they, when the game's so great?).

Return to “Game Scheduling”