FRI-01: Companions (AW/Doctor Who)

Planning games for particular slots
jtidwell
Name:Jeremy Tidwell
FRI-01: Companions (AW/Doctor Who)

Post by jtidwell » June 12th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Hey, all! On saturday, I will be playtesting my Apocalypse World hack, Companions. You use it to tell your own stories in the Whoverse, which the Doctor has died. You play his surviving companions.

I'm looking for 3-5 players. The name of the Front is "The Last of the Time Ladies."

Here's the elevator pitch:

Something is wrong with the Universe, and you know exactly what it is. We used to live in a candy-colored age, full of wonder and danger in equal measure. Standing over the balanced Universe were its mighty guardians, the Timelords. A great war destroyed all but one of them. He was the Earth’s defender, protecting it time and again from alien threats. He was a god humbled by death. He was your friend. He was the Doctor.

And then he died.

Now the Doctor’s enemies gather and plot, scheming to claim the Universe for themselves. Only you, his stalwart and learned companions, stand against the encroaching darkness. It’s a good thing he trained you so well, isn’t it?

Look forward to seeing everyone at the con!

Jerry Tidwell

Ego
Name:Max Hervieux

Re: FRI-01: Companions (AW/Doctor Who)

Post by Ego » June 12th, 2012, 10:07 pm

This sounds pretty freaking sweet. I know nothing about Doctor Who really though, and I'm not there on Friday to play anyway, but just wanted to say that. Hope the game goes awesome!
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

John Powell

Post by John Powell » June 13th, 2012, 8:17 am

Sounds cool. Count me in.

scarywhitegirl
Name:Dawn

Post by scarywhitegirl » June 13th, 2012, 11:40 am

I would like to play this, but I'm not sure if we'll be gaming on Friday night. Can I take a tentative slot?

Dawn

jtidwell
Name:Jeremy Tidwell

Post by jtidwell » June 13th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Dawn - Sure :) If it fills up and someone wants in, I'll poke you. I'm also running the game you helped me test two years ago (last generation/atelier) on Saturday, if you're interested :)

Return to “Game Scheduling”