FRI-01 Kingdom [full]

Planning games for particular slots
Ben Robbins
FRI-01 Kingdom [full]

Post by Ben Robbins » June 20th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Who wants to play some Kingdom Friday night?
Groups are stronger than individuals. A Kingdom can accomplish things no individual could.

But the Kingdom makes demands on you too. If you’re part of it, you’re pressured to do what it thinks is right. If you believe in what the Kingdom is doing, you’re fine. But if you don’t, or if the Kingdom starts to become something other than what you want it to be, you might find yourself caught in the middle, pressured to do things you don’t want to do.

The question becomes: do you change the Kingdom or does the Kingdom change you?

A “Kingdom” is the game term for an organization or community that the characters all belong to. Any kind of group works. Your Kingdom could be a hospital, the crew of a starship, French partisans, a viking clan, a Greek city-state, the Federation of Planets, the Mafia, a Wild West boom town, a newspaper, or Sunnybrook Elementary School. What’s the Kingdom for? What’s it’s purpose? What should it do? Our characters may not all see eye-to-eye. Then the trouble starts.
GMless. We'll come up with our Kingdom at the table (or perhaps start from a playset if we're lazy and I have some ready by then). It's still in playtesting, but I've played it almost twenty times and it's been externally playtested by a horde of very smart people, so I'd say it's solid.

Room for three more.

tonydowler

Re: FRI-01 Kingdom

Post by tonydowler » June 20th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Oh man! I'm already running something, but I will definitely be twisting my ear in the direction of this game as I'm intensely curious about it!

MLevad
Name:Mark J Levad

Post by MLevad » June 21st, 2012, 10:23 am

I would deffinately play if I wasn't already signed up for Durance. I will have to find a pickup game later in the weekend.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » June 21st, 2012, 1:13 pm

Similar message, Ben... super keen on playing it with you but that time slot may be problematic. Are you open to running it again at another time? Maybe if Tony and I sit on you until you agree?

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » June 21st, 2012, 2:45 pm

Twist my arm! Yeah we could schedule another game in another slot (in addition to this one) to throw down some Kingdom action. I've got SAT-03, SUN-02 and SUN-03 open. What works for you guys?

npinkert
Name:Neil Pinkerton

Post by npinkert » June 23rd, 2012, 10:26 pm

I'm totally interested. Sign me up.

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » June 24th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Excellent, Neil. Room for two more.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » June 24th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Hey Ben, turns out Friday night is free for me and also for Dale Horstman. Can we reserve the last two seats? (Dale was one of my play test crew and we're both itching to play it with you, see how it's really done.)

dhorstman
Name:Dale Horstman

Post by dhorstman » June 24th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Yep, count me in!

Dale

OrionCanning

Post by OrionCanning » June 26th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I want to play Kingdom with you on Friday night.

Return to “Game Scheduling”