FRI-01 At the Hands of an Angry God

Planning games for particular slots
zornwil
Name:Wilson Zorn
FRI-01 At the Hands of an Angry God

Post by zornwil » June 26th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Hoping there's not too many Friday night games with this but since I've run it the last couple years on Friday night (pickup, I think), and it looks like playtesting (i.e., THIS IS A PLAYTEST, although it is fairly baked) is in the final year with some potential publication being planned, I'd like to try for Friday again.

For 3-4 players. Each player takes on the role of a family or faction among a colony that is being established at the edge of civilization. You've all left the rotten, decadent old world to find your great utopia, a new society based on the ideals you settlers all hold so dear. The game is a combination of cooperation (for survival of the community) and competition (for one's own family's or faction's success).

We will create the setting (we could be Puritan-like colonists, future space-faring idealists or technophiles, or as one group did it a sort of Animal Farm), establish the beliefs upon which the colony is established, and then play out how it goes in a storygame where you play the actors and speak to the efforts of your family/faction. (I will GM, playing so-called "Fate," representing forces outside your control)

acarbo
Name:Andrew C

Re: FRI-01 At the Hands of an Angry God

Post by acarbo » June 28th, 2012, 8:18 am

This sound cool. Kinda like an Alpha Centauri RPG. I'm assuming, from the title of the game, that this is far from a happy-go-lucky place.

Return to “Game Scheduling”