The Lottery?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
Ego
Name:Max Hervieux
The Lottery?

Post by Ego » June 6th, 2013, 9:15 pm

I really enjoyed the Lottery last year and have been kinda holding off a bit on signups so I could be free to participate. Is it actually happening this year? If so, is there an intended day / slot it's gonna happen? Thanks.
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

John Powell

Re: The Lottery?

Post by John Powell » June 7th, 2013, 8:22 am

Every time slot starts with a "donut" where we match up players with facilitators. In this process the facilitators pitch games and the players group around the the facilitator of their choosing. Then there's some jockeying around if there is not enough interest in in one game and/or too much interest in another.

Sometimes in the past those donuts were actual lotteries where we matched up groups of folks by picking badges out of a box and told them to decide what to play and go play it. I don't think we did one of those last year.

So there are basically 4 ways of getting into a game at GPNW:

1. Pre event forum signup.
2. At event signup sheets.
3. Pick up games organized before, during, or in between time slots by folks just talking/texting/emailing/tweeting to each other (we encourage folks to create signup sheets for these games too).
4. The donut.

We also expect everyone to bring at least one game they can facilitate for others. We're all responsible for everyone's fun.

Our motto is: No Gamer Left Behind!

Ego

Post by Ego » June 7th, 2013, 3:18 pm

We did in fact do one of the actual lotteries last year! That's what I was asking about specifically. If there's no plan to do one of them at a particular slot (last year was SAT-02) then that's all the answer I need. Thanks! :)
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » June 11th, 2013, 1:00 pm

There's no definite plan to have a lottery this year, but that doesn't mean we can't make it a plan! :) Shall we make it SAT02? Any objections? Bueller?

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » June 11th, 2013, 2:42 pm

SAT-02 is always the best time for the Lottery. It's early enough in the weekend that people can meet new folks and game with them again if they want.

Ego

Post by Ego » June 11th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Yup, I like SAT-02 (and that's where I 've been holding my schedule open for it, so perfect)

Lookin' forward to it!

DaniL
Name:Dani L.

Post by DaniL » June 11th, 2013, 4:30 pm

I would be down for The Lottery too. :D
- Dani L.

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » June 12th, 2013, 7:30 pm

I put it on the schedule so people who wanted to Lottery wouldn't schedule games at the same time by mistake:

SAT-02 The Lottery!

Return to “Brainstorming Games”