SAT-03 Monsterhearts [One More Spot]

Planning games for particular slots
Ego
Name:Max Hervieux
SAT-03 Monsterhearts [One More Spot]

Post by Ego » June 7th, 2013, 9:58 pm

So Saturday night there's gonna be a Monsterhearts game! I might be running it, or it might be a couple other folks, but regardless it will be happening.

We've got 5-6 folks already including me, but I'm sure we can fit at least a couple more people in anyway. I'll be bringing along my custom Skin The Doppleganger, and we might also have Jackson Tegu's Second Skins as well. If you have any custom skins to bring, I'm sure we wouldn't mind putting them on the table.

For the uninitiated,
Monsterhearts is a game by Joe Mcdaldno extensively hacked from the game Apocalypse World. Monsterhearts is the story of a handful of teenagers going through high school. In a lot of ways, they're normal kids, with physical, emotional, and social problems. They have it a little tougher than most though: they're monsters. Whether you're a Werewolf with anger issues, the super-popular Queen with her clique of friends, or the recently risen Ghoul with a hunger, the characters need to manage their monstrousness and still find a way to get through their high school lives.
The game is inspired by media such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Vampire Diaries, Twilight, and other supernatural fiction. It deals heavily with teen sexuality and violence. It's for (I believe) 4-6 players plus MC.

So, let's get a real roll call of who's in.
1. Max (Possibly MCing)
2. Jason
3. Neil
4. Feiya
5. Cristoph
6. Lisa
7. ___
Last edited by Ego on June 20th, 2013, 10:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

DaniL
Name:Dani L.

Re: SAT-03 Monsterhearts

Post by DaniL » June 7th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Count me in, of course! (Despite my yellow post, I am registered.)

While I will have my binder with the MC Reference Sheet and such as well as another nifty little sheet that could be useful, I am looking to play this time 'round. (Though I will likely be facilitating other things here at the con. Anyway...)

I might bring The Fury but I am leaning towards playing The Fae, if it's kosher to say something like that this early.

EDIT: And yes, it seems to work best with 4 but a game could have up to 6 players.
- Dani L.

Jason
Name:Jason Wodicka

Post by Jason » June 7th, 2013, 10:03 pm

I am totally in. And I am also totally registered.

20-Sided_Dave
Name:David Fooden

Post by 20-Sided_Dave » June 7th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Yes please!

Caveat: I don't think I got into the Danger Patrol Nights game, but one of the responses was nonspecifically worded, so there's an outside chance I'm in that during this slot.

Ego

Post by Ego » June 8th, 2013, 12:10 am

No problem 'bout the yellow posts folks, no one who registered this year has had their posts changed, they're just how they were last year.
@Dani: No problem declaring an intention early if there's something you're super excited for! Just don't create, like, a single character concept and get attached or anything, just in case. And I know how that "I want to finally play it!" feeling, I MC'd Apocalypse World for a year before I could finally play it.

@Dave: That's cool, and if you can't play but really want to, I don't think any of us are tied down to SAT-03. We're still kinda flexible, as long as it's one of the four-hour slots.

So to make two other things clear real quick: I've never MC'd Monsterhearts. I've played maybe a half a dozen one-shots, all of which were really good so I feel decently inspired to do so, but it's a learning experience. I've also never run anything at a major con, though I've done a bunch of public gaming now so I don't feel intimidated by that.
Also, I don't know how fast it'll be going out to the public once the Kickstarter ends, but I'll probably be using Ross Cowman's revised version of Shut Someone Down. I've played with it, it's really good. Just an fyi.
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

20-Sided_Dave
Name:David Fooden

Post by 20-Sided_Dave » June 8th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Update: OK, so I am in for the Danger Patrol game in the SAT-03 slot.

I still want to play Monsterhearts at some point though, I'll keep an eye out for any other slots.

npinkert
Name:Neil Pinkerton

Post by npinkert » June 12th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Never Played, but I'm interested.

Neil

RoughDreamer
Name:Feiya Wang

Post by RoughDreamer » June 15th, 2013, 7:35 am

I've also never played Monsterhearts but have heard lots of good things about it. Sign me up!

XophRA
Name:Christoph Sapinsky

Post by XophRA » June 15th, 2013, 1:13 pm

I'm interested in playing and so is my wife, Lisa.
Christoph
@XophRA
http://www.freespacer.com

Ego

Post by Ego » June 16th, 2013, 12:58 am

Sweet, and that's full up! Lot of players, we'll see how I handle that. I MC'd some Monsterhearts on Thursday so now you're not seeing my very first shot, at least.

Really excited! Can't wait.

Return to “Game Scheduling”