FRI-01 Noble Blood of Horvath (Kingdom)

Talk about what you played or link to posts you made elsewhere.
Ben Robbins
FRI-01 Noble Blood of Horvath (Kingdom)

Post by Ben Robbins » June 29th, 2013, 2:29 am

I think this is the first time I played a Kingdom that was an actual kingdom. We had a dark Carpathian vibe, complete with gypsies, family curses, looming castles and perpetually gloomy mountains and forests.

This game begged for a second session. We ended with the dying Viscount trading half our land away to the Church in exchange for troops to fight off our hated enemies the Ruzik, strife between old and new faiths, and a foreigner who wasn't even of Horvath blood as the heir to our ancient line.

I got home before it dawned on me that the only way to save the Horvath bloodline -- after the Viscount (Dave) had his brother the tame Cardinal (Matthew) "baptize" that _foreigner_ (Alex) as the Horvath heir -- would be for Ilona (my character) to wed him and have kids. But would she? I don't even know, but I'd love to play that out and see.

I loved when Matthew tried to get Dave's Power character to take over the church and Dave flipped it on him and made Matthew's character an unwilling cardinal instead. And then Matthew turned around and said "fine!" and grabbed Power for himself. So good.

nemomeme
Name:Matthew

Re: FRI-01 Noble Blood of Horvath (Kingdom)

Post by nemomeme » July 2nd, 2013, 5:17 pm

I enjoyed this game, Ben, and look forward to facilitating it down the road. Your character, Ilona, was great.

A second session and more would have been welcome. (ah, con games...)

I can really see playing an ongoing TV series thing like Battlestar "Orion" with Kingdom.

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”