It's so soon!

Go Play NW is coming soon. Too excited to sleep.
Susan
Name:Susan
It's so soon!

Post by Susan » June 3rd, 2010, 4:32 pm

My goodness. The conference is altogether too soon! Here I was planning to practice facilitating Fiasco, Shock, Geiger Counter, and Mars Colony and now I'm out of time! No more sitting on my laurels just enjoying playing indie games - its crunch time to learn to lead them :!:

After tonight there is only one more Seattle Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Story-Games-Seattle/) before the big weekend. I've played each game once or a few times - considering that I don't own any of them it would be too much of a stretch to try leading them. I had hoped to have them down enough that I'd be able to facilitate with just the essential xeroxes - sans full text. But alas - it's not in the cards.

Well it seems it's time for an emergency revision of this plan. If I want to be able to facilitate anything at all I suspect I'll need to pare the list down to exactly one, purchase it, read up, and try running it at the next Saturday Meetup. I never thought I'd be hoping June 18th would take longer to get here :)

I've been the recipient of so much generous facilitating at Meetup - hopefully I'll be able to reciprocate in time for GPNW. Wish me luck!

Ben Robbins

Re: It's so soon!

Post by Ben Robbins » June 4th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Susan, great job facilitating yesterday! You are officially a Shock veteran. You can totally borrow my book if you need it during Go Play or want to bone up ahead of time.

Susan

Post by Susan » June 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Ok - a new plan is starting to gel. (I know you were all holding your breath.) I practiced running Shock once and a friend kindly bought me a copy so I'll be set to try facilitating that (I picked the Sun-02 slot). I cracked and bought myself Fiasco. I likely won't have time to practice facilitating - but perhaps some people will be willing to be my guinea pigs at a pick-up game. I'm on wait-list for a couple games but otherwise I think I'll be offering to facilitate pick-ups Fri-01, Sat-01, and Sun-01. We'll see!

Susan

Post by Susan » June 15th, 2010, 12:11 am

Fooled you! I did squeeze in a practice round of facilitating Fiasco after all. A big thanks to the guys at Story Games Meetup that let me practice on them.

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”