Thoughts, Thanks, and Staying in Touch

All things post-GPNW, except game summaries. Show us your photos. Give us your feedback.
DaniL
Name:Dani L.
Thoughts, Thanks, and Staying in Touch

Post by DaniL » July 1st, 2013, 1:15 pm

So this was not only my first GoPlay but my first convention ever. It was exhausting, mentally draining, and I ended up with a wicked sunburn. And it was totally worth it.

Overall it was a great experience. I met great people (including designers of some of my favorite games!) and all my sessions were successful in my book. I don't think I'd change a thing about the experience for myself. :) (Except maybe the temperature and the sunburn.) I don't have much basis to judge but things seemed to go pretty smoothly.

Thank you to everyone who made this possible, those that facilitated the games I had the opportunity to play, everyone I played with, and those that I had the pleasure of getting to know (or getting to know better) between sessions.

If you'd like to stay in touch, send me a message or post here. Hope to see you all next year!
- Dani L.

JuliusF
Name:Julius Fildes

Re: Thoughts, Thanks, and Staying in Touch

Post by JuliusF » July 4th, 2013, 11:32 am

Hi Dani! I think we played Microscope on Saturday and then were both in the dinner group at Eyslian.
It was nice to meet you and I hope to see you again next year, or you can think about joining us for some gaming events down here in Portland!

bolthy
Name:Jeremy Zimmerman

Post by bolthy » July 5th, 2013, 12:23 pm

I had an absolute blast, even if I was slowly dying of heat exhaustion. It would be wonderful to see some of you lovely people. I'm "Bolthy" just about anywhere online, so I'm pretty easy to locate if you want to stay in touch.

DaniL
Name:Dani L.

Post by DaniL » July 5th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Agreed about the heat! It was pretty intense.

And yes, Julius, you're right. :D Thank you again for facilitating Microscope. It was a great introduction to the system and I think it went very smoothly even if at least two of us had never played before. Dinner was a lot of fun too, it was great getting to chat with you and the others and get to know you all better. I plan on being back to GPNW next year for sure! And we'll see about Portland, that'd be a blast. :)
- Dani L.

Return to “Afterglow: The Good, The Bad & The Awesome”