Spaceteam Admirals Tournament

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
tonydowler
Spaceteam Admirals Tournament

Post by tonydowler » May 13th, 2014, 9:56 am

Henry Smith, the Spaceteam developer, is running a bunch of spaceteam tournaments in June: http://spaceteamadmiralsclub.com/forum/ ... ins-wanted
Looks like there are special rewards and perks for participating. I'm totally willing to do this at GPNW if we can get some teams interested.

There are some technical and logistical challenges. You'll need to be able to connect via bluetooth or a wifi hotspot. Good news is, we can do it asynchronously, which should simplify things.

get2joe
Name:Joe E

Re: Spaceteam Admirals Tournament

Post by get2joe » May 13th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Wifi is the better solution so Android Clients can play with iOS clients. I have used an old wifi router at gamedays in the past to make it easy for people to connect.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » May 14th, 2014, 10:15 am

Oh yeah, I forgot you can't mix Android and iOS over Bluetooth. There is wifi at GPNW, so presumably we can make it work, especially if we have a few laptops.

jbsworth
Name:Julie Southworth

Post by jbsworth » May 16th, 2014, 12:15 pm

This sounds great, but are you suggesting that we do this during an entire session? My hands couldn't endure four hours straight of Spaceteam.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » May 19th, 2014, 1:42 pm

I think we will be able to do this asynchronously. Teams will still have to get their games in. Assuming that I can do this as part of the international tournament that's happening in June, we'll get dedicated seeds to play in so that all the teams play the same series of sectors. Should be pretty awesome! Also, buttons, prizes, etc! It will be a tiered tournament, so I think the top teams will have to play three games total. No reason we can't have a mix of pickup teams and pre-organized teams.

jbsworth
Name:Julie Southworth

Post by jbsworth » May 26th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Sounds doable, physically speaking.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » June 20th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Sadly, I'm not going to facilitate this. I haven't had any time or energy to organize it. However, that doesn't mean people can't still play SpaceTeam for fun!

Return to “Brainstorming Games”