Improv workshop, anyone?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
twelves
Name:Karen Twelves
Improv workshop, anyone?

Post by twelves » May 13th, 2014, 3:58 pm

I could run the Level One "Improv for Gamers" workshop for 6 people or so. If I can rope Klein into co-teaching, we could bump that number up to 10 maybe. Would probably last about 3 hours, maybe even shorter with a small group.

Beginners to improv are welcome and encouraged for Level One. Through different improv exercises, we look at some of the key elements that make for good gaming -- taking risks, embracing complications, group collaboration, and discovering what that "yes and" rule is that people are always talking about. It's very active and requires people to be on their feet and vocal.

More info about the workshop here: www.improvforgamers.com

EnricPDX
Name:Harry L.

Re: Improv workshop, anyone?

Post by EnricPDX » May 16th, 2014, 7:02 am

This sounds great! I'd be very interested.

moleculo
Name:Matthew Klein

Post by moleculo » May 20th, 2014, 7:01 am

Klein is in so bump that to 10 participants!

Mathalus
Name:Morgan Stinson

Post by Mathalus » May 23rd, 2014, 1:29 pm

I am totally in, and I'm bringing, like, five people. Also, I would like to request a basic workshop on one day, and then another workshop with different, maybe more advanced content on another day.

Karen, would you be available before or after GPNW? How long will you be in Seattle?

PeterAdkison
Name:Peter Adkison

Post by PeterAdkison » May 25th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Very interested!
--Peter

twelves

Post by twelves » May 27th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Mathalus wrote:I am totally in, and I'm bringing, like, five people. Also, I would like to request a basic workshop on one day, and then another workshop with different, maybe more advanced content on another day.

Karen, would you be available before or after GPNW? How long will you be in Seattle?
I'll only be offering the beginner level workshop with Matt Klein. When I run this in Oakland, Mia Blankensop is normally the main instructor. However, she won't be attending GPNW. While I have no problem coaching a beginner level, I don't have as much experience coaching heavier scenework, which is the content we cover in our level 2 workshop.

I'm going to be in Seattle Friday-Monday. Thinking about running the workshop Saturday morning maybe? I'd prefer to only commit to running it in one timeslot, since I want to be able to play some games myself!

Mathalus

Post by Mathalus » May 28th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Is it gross if we have a volunteer film it? Would it throw you off like crazy if we wired you and Matt up with lavs?

If the slot fills up quickly, is there any prework you would consider assigning?

Sorry if I am freaking you out. I'm a little bit excited. :shock:

twelves

Post by twelves » May 29th, 2014, 10:56 am

I would rather not have it filmed, thanks. No AV equipment is necessary; we've never had a problem with sound not carrying. Besides, it will be the participants doing most of the talking.

I'm not sure what you mean by prework. The workshop is designed for beginners, all they need are comfortable shoes and maybe a bottle of water.

Mathalus

Post by Mathalus » May 29th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Thanks. Sorry I'm trying to make it so complicated.

twelves

Post by twelves » June 2nd, 2014, 4:38 pm

No worries! We just try to keep it pretty low-key so as not to scare anyone off. =)

Return to “Brainstorming Games”