NEVER MIND [Avatar World (ApW Hack, 3-4 players Wanted)]

Planning games for particular slots
Ego
Name:Max Hervieux
NEVER MIND [Avatar World (ApW Hack, 3-4 players Wanted)]

Post by Ego » June 7th, 2014, 3:56 am

So Avatar World is my hack of Apocalypse World, I've worked on it over the course of about a year and a half, and its had a few more than a half-dozen playtests. If you've ever seen the animated shows Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra, then you know the style of this game! If you don't know those, it is a game about a world where many people can manipulate the elements with their kung-fu. You play those "benders" (or element-users) and their friends.

As my world-creation script is not fully built, and that tends to eat a huge chunk of time, I will likely be using a 'scenario' (really it's just a premise and some ApW-style love letters to tie folks in) called The Red Mountain. Here's the premise:
The Red Mountain is a towering peak at the center of the world, visible from all across the land, stretching into the sky like a crimson spear capped with a silvery tip of snow. The source of magic in the world, its summit is said to hold the passage to the Spirit World.
Legends tell of Sel the Gatekeeper, who lives atop the mountain. Sel is said to be a granter-of-wishes, if you agree to its price. You, along with a small group of other seekers, are on the mountain aspiring to meet Sel, have your wish fulfilled, or perhaps go even further.
If this sounds fun, I can run it for 3 or 4 people in addition to myself. If Fri-01 is a major conflict but anyone still really wants to play, I can reschedule (if it's better for a bunch of people) or run it again later. Friday is good because it's 4 hours and if I want to run it again I'll have a chance to print out more sheets, but I'm flexible there.

(if you're interested in looking at the game before committing/playing, it's available for free download here: http://the-logbook-project.blogspot.com ... eased.html)

EDIT: Don't print up a sheet for this as we'll do it an unspecified other day, I'll talk to the interested folks about when we want to do it.
Last edited by Ego on June 23rd, 2014, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

Germancity
Name:Andy

Re: FRI-01 Avatar World (ApW Hack, 3-4 players Wanted)

Post by Germancity » June 18th, 2014, 3:27 am

Yes! But I also want to play Lasers & Feelings, so it would be awesome if the two didn't conflict.

Ego

Post by Ego » June 19th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Absolutely! I'm up for shifting the time if there's no one else itching to play Friday, so unless anyone else signs up before the con we can work out when would be good on the Friday. And if other people do, I'll just run it again sometime during the con.
See my designs and art and musings! Also I am @Logbook_Project on Twitter and +Max Hervieux on G+.

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » June 23rd, 2014, 5:29 pm

I am also interested, and also would like a different slot!

Ego

Re: NEVER MIND [Avatar World (ApW Hack, 3-4 players Wanted)]

Post by Ego » June 23rd, 2014, 8:56 pm

Awesome! I'm cancelling the Friday slot for this then. We should chat at the con about when is a good time to do it and then either wrangle another person or use the donut to get the rest. Looking forward to the game!

Return to “Game Scheduling”