FRI-01 Microscope Union: Revolutionary Zero

Talk about what you played or link to posts you made elsewhere.
Ben Robbins
FRI-01 Microscope Union: Revolutionary Zero

Post by Ben Robbins » June 28th, 2014, 11:57 am

Played Microscope Union with Andi, Darin and Eric.

Our hero concept: “first one to throw a brick” + “patient zero” = person who releases the plague that defeats the establishment by destroying the world as we know it. Yikes. Elizabeth walks the halls of power, but she's only moved up in the establishment so she can unleash the nightmare that will bring down the dystopian state. She does not fool around.

The relationship between her grandfather, J.W. (ahem Congressman John Wallace), and his estranged bastard daughter / immigrant activist Sophia (Elizabeth's mother) was so juicy. I loved that even while he was crushing her dreams and sending in thugs to smash her community headquarters, we saw (in hindsight) that he was really trying to bring her back under his wing in his own twisted way.

I think we all regret running out of time before doing a scene with old J.W. taking young Elizabeth on his knee. That would have been killer. Killer.

Also: bad-ass professor Lacey and rich boy Dale. I loved that things turned out so unexpectedly well for them. It would have been easy for us to just throw darts at Dale. This was so much better.

Ben Robbins

Re: FRI-01 Microscope Union: Revolutionary Zero

Post by Ben Robbins » July 3rd, 2014, 4:15 pm

Our bold players crack under the pressure. Like eggshells.

Warp
Name:Andi C.

Post by Warp » March 1st, 2015, 2:50 pm

And here it is March, and I'm noodling through the GPNW forum as a result of looking forward to 2015, and this is the first I see this image.

Love it.

Ben Robbins

Post by Ben Robbins » March 9th, 2015, 4:27 pm

That game was glorious. Glorious! With a heaping dose of dysfunctional family…

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”