Mix-CD Exchange: who got what?

All things post-GPNW, except game summaries. Show us your photos. Give us your feedback.
OrionCanning
Mix-CD Exchange: who got what?

Post by OrionCanning » June 30th, 2014, 1:57 am

I got Phillip LaRoses mix CD, Dungeon World: Court of The Crimson King. The CD insert had an awesome track listing and explains that the CD is based on the map Phillip had made by Tony Dowler for a reward level of the Dungeon World Kickstarter campaign. Phillip had Tony make the map based on a list of evocative song titles, so that each room in the map is labeled with one of the songs from the mix CD, and the CD plays more or less in the order that you would make your way through the rooms in the dungeon. Super cool! The CD insert also has a nice image of the map itself on it. Oh and I mention it's 2 CDs long? What a steal.

I haven't listened to the mix yet, and Phillip himself says the songs were picked entirely for their evocative names and not the lyrics or music, so he could have made a better Dungeon World mix if he based it on the songs themselves. Still, it's already a pretty awesome trade, and I look forward to listening.

Now, I want to know who got mine. I forgot to put my email or name on it, but it's the Monsterhearts CD that had a bloody eyeball covered eyeball as the cover...

*Edit* You can listen to my mix plus a couple songs that didn't make it to the final CD here:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... j-0dLMF6nb

Matthew SB
Name:Matthew Sullivan-Barrett

Re: Mix-CD Exchange: who got what?

Post by Matthew SB » June 30th, 2014, 9:54 am

I just want mention the CD-exchange was an awesome new activity for GPNW, and I hope it continues.
I didn't read the forums this year until Friday, so I couldn't participate. But I am fired up for next year!

colinc
Name:Colin C.

Post by colinc » July 1st, 2014, 9:04 am

OrionCanning wrote:
Now, I want to know who got mine. I forgot to put my email or name on it, but it's the Monsterhearts CD that had a bloody eyeball covered eyeball as the cover...
I got that one. Not only did it really nail the theme of the game, but it turned me on to a lot of new artists. Thanks!

The CD exchange was a really cool idea overall and I hope we see it again next year. Many thanks to Shuo for making this happen.

eddi
Name:Adrienne Mueller

Post by eddi » July 1st, 2014, 9:20 pm

I got the awesome "This Isn't Going to Be a Smooth Ride" CD by Tony Dowler.

How awesome, you ask?

I know. Even better, the music is great!

Thanks for making such a gorgeous and inspiring CD for me to snatch, Tony!

And thank you, Shuo, for organizing this cool activity!

Return to “Afterglow: The Good, The Bad & The Awesome”