Thanks - From Dave

All things post-GPNW, except game summaries. Show us your photos. Give us your feedback.
thestick
Name:David Stickland
Thanks - From Dave

Post by thestick » June 29th, 2015, 11:10 pm

My first time at this Con and only came up for Saturday. Just wanted to say I had a great time with what we did enjoy.

I played Hibernation Agents with Orion (this was a great game, made even better by the three guys playing, hope you all read this, kudos to you. Orion did an amazing job teaching his playtest and I think his love and care for his game made it really fun to play)
I also played Microscope with William, which was also made great by Tomer and Lucian, what a positive group of dudes I really had a good time crafting a world with you. I appreciate William running Microscope two sessions in a row when he might have just wanted to play something.

I will say, with the limited number of sign ups and pre-planning of games, one of the reasons I didn't stay for the third slot was just not really getting a sense that I would end up with a game someone REALLY wanted to run or that I REALLY wanted to play. I preferred the donut pitch system in the morning (though I am sure there are reasons this has its own flaws) to a lottery, at least I can decide before I am committed to a group if there's something on the table I want to stay and do. I worried about being that guy who got put in a group and pitched this "hey lets play this awesome game I have" and have it not be my thing. So +1 for limited choice before randomness.

Whoever planned the venue and coordinated the logistics did a great job. Appreciated the cold beverages on a hot day, check in was super easy.

Thanks for putting it together, count me among the converted and I'll see you next year.

lpsmith
Name:Lucian Smith

Re: Thanks - From Dave

Post by lpsmith » July 1st, 2015, 11:31 am

That was a cool Microscope game! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks in part to your recommendation, I signed up for Orion's Hibernation Agents for that evening's slot, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Glad you had a great con!

-Lucian

tomes
Name:Tomer Gurantz

Re: Thanks - From Dave

Post by tomes » July 1st, 2015, 7:28 pm

Likewise and likewise! Really enjoyed the intro into Microscope, and just so happy that everyone was so motivated, fun, and collaborative.

From the establishment of the Roanoke Colony, and Nova the Wise, through the Secession Wars and the destruction of the Skaron System, the drama of Estelle, the Zebulon Leviathan Disease, and later Zinfel the Skaron... and finally the Magical Singularity... universal in scope.

Return to “Afterglow: The Good, The Bad & The Awesome”