Soundtrack to RPGs 2 (Mix-CD Exchange)

The place to discuss all things GPNW 2016, except games.
Shooo
Name:Shuo
Soundtrack to RPGs 2 (Mix-CD Exchange)

Post by Shooo » June 13th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm starting up a music mix exchange again this year. Information below and let me know if you have any questions.

The Rules:
1. Make a mix CD with songs that you feel inspires you about different games. A whole CD that's dedicated to one game is fine too. You can go as literal or subtle as you want. Instrumental songs are totally welcome -- this mix is all about exploring different moods! (Example songs and games: Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran for Monsterhearts by Avery Mcdaldno / Pale Blue Eyes by The Velvet Underground for Shooting The Moon by Emily Care Boss)

2. Each song title, artist, game inspiration, and game author must be labeled somewhere on the mix cd or its packaging. They can be handwritten or typed based on your discretion of legibility.

3. Decorate your mix! It can be a drawing, large scrawly type, or just a color. You can decorate the packaging or the cd itself or both. You may also leave a little note for the person that picks your cd for an extra personal touch.

4. I'll put a clearly labeled bag for the RPG mix at one of the main tables with sign up sheets and games. Drop your mix(es) inside this bag no later than noon on Saturday and we'll shuffle and exchange at 12:45pm. If you miss the draw time, drop your mix and grab another from the bag. I'll leave the bag through the end of Saturday. All unclaimed mixes by Sunday will be mine to take and enjoy selfishly forever. If you make more than one mix, you can take additional ones. Limit to three mixes per person.

USB Flash Drive Option:
You can use a thumb drive if you don't have a CD burner. Make sure you label the song files in the order that you want them to be played and try to keep the length to what a CD can hold. Thumb drive mixes should include a text document with the above song and game information. You still have to decorate your mix. You can decorate the drive itself (glue or stickers will be your best friends here) or place it in a small envelope and embellish it to your heart's desire.

Extra:
Include your email address if you want to invite the other person to discuss your picks with you. No pressure on either side for contact though. Treat people like people and don't harass others if they haven't contacted you about how awesome your mix is. You know it's awesome and you participated in something fun, so hooray!

Thanks in advance for participating and looking forward to seeing you all soon!

tomes
Name:Tomer Gurantz

Re: Soundtrack to RPGs 2 (Mix-CD Exchange)

Post by tomes » June 14th, 2016, 8:06 am

Holy cannoli that's an awesome idea! I'll be bringing one.

Shooo
Name:Shuo

Post by Shooo » June 18th, 2016, 11:31 am

Awesome! Feel free to share the post on G+ or other social media. The more people we get to participate, the more fun it'll be. :)

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » June 19th, 2016, 3:17 pm

I am 100% in!

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”