SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (2/4)

Planning games for particular slots
Allan Dotson
Name:Allan Dotson
SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (2/4)

Post by Allan Dotson » June 24th, 2016, 2:21 pm

fingerprints is my self-published, GM-full, map-making storygame of superpowers (though not necessarily superheroes).

fingerprints is a map-making game, with a die-drop system where the word or map element your die lands on affects your narration, as well as the number rolled on your die. While each player has their own character, each player can also create and act as elements on the map. The game is intended to evoke more serious superhero stories, such the Authority, Concrete, Powers, or the Watchmen.

I published fingerprints in 2007, and it's seen a lot of play, so I'm not treating this as a playtest. It's a pretty weird little game (at least, in 2007 it was pretty weird!), but it's also very rules-light. We'll be creating characters together at the table.

If you're interested in the game, but this time slot doesn't work for you, please let me know! I'd be happy to change slots to accommodate interested players.

1. Alex Guerrero-Randall
2. Sara Smith

fingerprints on DriveThruRPG
fingerprints Actual Play
Last edited by Allan Dotson on July 6th, 2016, 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
May Contain Monkeys games: Spectrum, fingerprints, The Big Night, Something to Hide, Monster Box

Zindaras
Name:Alex Guerrero-Randall

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers, needs 2-4 players

Post by Zindaras » June 30th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Read the Actual Play you linked, it sounds like a really interesting game! Reminded me a bit of Worm by Wildbow, where you gradually build up to effect larger and larger scales. (https://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/)

I'd be interested in this slot or another one, the only thing I've committed to so far is doing the Lottery!

--Alex

Allan Dotson

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (1/4)

Post by Allan Dotson » July 1st, 2016, 7:20 am

Glad you're interested, Alex! I've heard fingerprints compared to Worm before, I should really check that out!

The other slot I was considering is SUN 01, if that would work better.
May Contain Monkeys games: Spectrum, fingerprints, The Big Night, Something to Hide, Monster Box

Zindaras

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (1/4)

Post by Zindaras » July 1st, 2016, 11:21 am

I'm flexible so far, so we can wait for someone else who needs one or the other, I guess? :)

Zindaras

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (1/4), or SUN-01?

Post by Zindaras » July 5th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Signed up for another game SUN 01, so if we could keep this on Sat that would be ideal. :)

smsmith88
Name:Sara Smith

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (1/4), or SUN-01?

Post by smsmith88 » July 5th, 2016, 9:27 pm

I'd love to join you Saturday morning if you have space. Sara Smith

Allan Dotson

Re: SAT-01 fingerprints: GM-full supers (2/4)

Post by Allan Dotson » July 6th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Saturday it is! Happy to have you Sara. I'll be playing as well, so three players is great. Although a couple more would be fine too.

Return to “Game Scheduling”