SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics LARP [FULL]

Planning games for particular slots
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics LARP [FULL]

Post by Brendan » June 28th, 2016, 8:06 am

In the BioDome, the last known outpost of human civilization, life is as beautiful and technologically advanced as we always pictured it would be: flying cars, automated kitchens, and of course, personal robot assistants. Robots, so helpful and affordable these days, allow humans the life of ease that they deserve. They can take care of everything from household chores and administrative assistance to childcare, even overseeing other robots. And, despite all of them having individual personalities, they are completely trustworthy because every one of them is programmed to obey the Four Laws above all else:
  • Law 1: Robots may not injure a human or, through inaction, allow a human to be harmed.
  • Law 2: Robots must obey the orders given to them by human beings, except when this conflicts with the First Law.
  • Law 3: Robots must protect their own existence, as long as such protection does not conflict with the first or second laws.
  • Law 4: Robots may not leave the BioDome, unless failing to leave the BioDome conflicts with the first three laws.
These everyday wonders are all thanks to the benevolent corporation Solar Energies! Solar Energies runs the BioDome that makes our lives possible and produces the new technologies that make our lives a joy. Its founder and CEO is the genius who harnessed solar power even after the Catastrophe blackened the skies. Now she has called a family board meeting so that she might decide who among her children will succeed her as CEO. They have come, with their loyal robot assistants in tow and a multitude of secrets to hide.
This game is a mechanics-light, theater-style LARP for 10 players (!) that focuses on roleplaying and interpersonal drama. Like all utopias, it is not as cheery and light as it seems. This game is for players age 18 and older; content warnings include consensual incest, sex with robots, and violent temper.

I played BLTR at a mini-con last summer and had an amazing time, and I'm excited to run it for GPNW! If possible, I'd like to cast many of the roles ahead of time--there is a survey designed to help match characters to players' playstyles and fictional preferences, so if you could include an email address when responding, I'll send that along. (If this intrigues you but you're not sure whether you want to play, I could also potentially use support from a co-GM.)
Last edited by Brendan on July 6th, 2016, 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

twelves
Name:Karen Twelves

Re: SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics LARP

Post by twelves » June 28th, 2016, 9:50 am

Sign me up! email is ktwelves @ gmail.com

EnricPDX
Name:Harry L.

Post by EnricPDX » June 28th, 2016, 10:58 am

Count me in! My email is customer99@hotmail.com

xenopulse
Name:Christian Griffen

Post by xenopulse » June 28th, 2016, 12:00 pm

I'd love to play too :)

CrimsonRammbler
Name:Madi

Post by CrimsonRammbler » June 28th, 2016, 6:29 pm

Yes, please. madifatty2x4 @ gmail .com

I would be happy to talk about his more, and possibly interested in co-GMing as well.

jackson tegu
Name:Tony Dowler

Re: SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics LARP [4/10]

Post by jackson tegu » July 1st, 2016, 3:59 pm

I am soooooooooooooooooo excited to play this!
Please email me at my email address, Brendan, which begins of.lightning and is recorded in your e-rolodex

WallsBecomeDoors
Name:Tim Mauldin

Post by WallsBecomeDoors » July 2nd, 2016, 10:53 pm

Sign me up! My e-mail is WallsBecomeDoors@hotmail.com.

Look forward to gaming with everyone!

Shooo
Name:Shuo

Post by Shooo » July 3rd, 2016, 12:10 pm

I'm interested! You can email me at shuomeng [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

kathryn
Name:Kathryn Hymes

Post by kathryn » July 3rd, 2016, 5:53 pm

If there's space, I'm interested!

venn
Name:Venn (they/them/their)

Post by venn » July 3rd, 2016, 9:28 pm

I would love to play this! My email address is gavin at any of the URLs in my sig; the first URL is for personal mail, the others are business-related.
Venn Wylde (they/them/their)
http://workplaydance.com — nonbinary designer; analog games
http://specialsnowflakegames.com — queer little game studio
http://yesandnogame.com — about consent

Return to “Game Scheduling”