SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics

Talk about what you played or link to posts you made elsewhere.
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics

Post by Brendan » July 15th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Highlight of the weekend, maybe highlight of all the weekends, and I did almost nothing but stand around and watch it unfold. I knew I had a cast stuffed with pros, but I could not have predicted the amazing directions the game would take, especially coming from such a tightly scripted starting point and direction. Thank you all, again, for letting me just be present.

The game materials instructed me to tell everyone that it is for sale at Peaky Midwest, but as this was an early preview, that is not QUITE true. I hope it will be soon. Here's the actual Better Living Through Robotics listing on the site, and a pretty interesting description of "What is a Peaky Midwest style game" compared to the more player-framed story game tradition that I'm familiar with.

I did record our postmortem discussion (we talked for OVER AN HOUR after the actual game finished, kids), and it's mostly audible, though the volume skews wildly when we laughed a lot or burst into applause. Let me know if you'd like the audio to listen back. I'm writing up some feedback for the writers now, so please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to include!

WallsBecomeDoors
Name:Tim Mauldin

Re: SAT-03 Better Living Through Robotics

Post by WallsBecomeDoors » July 15th, 2016, 7:54 pm

Truly incredible experience disguised as a game.

So many fantastic players/actors that I had the honor of interacting with playing this. Thank you everyone! And thank you Brendan for setting it all in motion! Absolutely made my weekend.

And I would love a copy of the audio, Brendan. Thank you for offering.

Tim (A.K.A. Marsha)

Return to “Afterglow: What We Played”