What are you thinking about bringing?

What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
EnricPDX
Name:Harry L.
What are you thinking about bringing?

Post by EnricPDX » June 11th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Oh, wow, there's less than four weeks until GPNW! This year really snuck up on me.

What is everyone else thinking about bringing? I haven't made any concrete decisions, but I have the following games in mind:

*Mouse Guard (as usual) or Torchbearer
*Inheritance
*Ryuutama
*Maybe a meaty board game like Churchill or Andean Abyss or Triumph & Tragedy

As far as what I'd like to play:

*Blades in the Dark! I've been waiting until my book arrived to read the rules, and now I can't wait to try it out.
*Dialect
*Mutant: Year Zero
*Night Forest
*Some of the stuff from The Romance Trilogy - I own and have played Breaking the Ice, but I've never gotten any of the other stuff to the table.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Take care,
Harry

tonydowler

Re: What are you thinking about bringing?

Post by tonydowler » June 11th, 2017, 7:16 pm

I would love to play Churchill. I've never had the opportunity. I'm definitely planning to schedule at least one slot of meaty board gaming--maybe Orleans, Eclipse, or Scythe.

John Powell

Post by John Powell » June 12th, 2017, 10:43 am

I plan on bringing:
*Tales from the Loop
*X-Wing Miniatures (Death Star Trench Run)

Any interest?

xenopulse
Name:Christian Griffen

Post by xenopulse » June 12th, 2017, 2:20 pm

I'm going to bring

* Meridian (naturally)
* Far Space (playtest of an 8-player LARP inspired by Stargate: Universe, BSG, and escape rooms)
* Urban Shadows maybe? I'm currently running a campaign of this, so that should be easy, and I'm enjoying it a lot

twelves
Name:Karen Twelves

Post by twelves » June 12th, 2017, 9:45 pm

I plan to bring Honey Heist. Possibly also a second act to The Garden, my Apocalypse World/Olive Garden mashup. I might also bring Sign, Juggernaut, or #Feminism.

I've also got some ideas for an "Improv for Characters" workshop where we just do some fun character-focused exercises. We'll see!

joryjammz
Name:Jory Bowers

Post by joryjammz » June 13th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Oooh, Christian, I want in on Far Space if possible!! Also, Karen, I'd love to play Honey Heist :)

I second the motion for a game of Blades - maybe Brendan would be interested in running it again?

I was thinking about trying to run Sea Dracula if there would be interest in that. And if anyone wants to run with me on Sunday morning, more power to us :)

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Post by Brendan » June 14th, 2017, 11:46 am

I just posted a signup thread for a Saturday night LARP! Woo! I could almost definitely be persuaded to run Blades, too, as Jory suggested. I might even bother to read the book first, which is unusual for me when it comes to Harper games. I have at least one surprise game to run, which I will spring upon the unwary at con time. I will also be interested in running... like, just running. On Sunday.

I've never tried the X-Wing Minis games and I'm curious about them! I had fun playing Ryuutama a while back and would be glad of a chance to try it again. I also loved the Magic draft last year, and I'm hoping that or something like it will make a return. And I always want to try whatever Tony Dowler is bringing to the table.

As for Far Space, I will sell a kidney to be involved with playing that. Maybe even my own kidney. Might want to go ahead and plan for more than one session, Christian.

dan.behlings
Name:Dan Behlings

Post by dan.behlings » June 14th, 2017, 3:04 pm

twelves wrote:I plan to bring Honey Heist. Possibly also a second act to The Garden, my Apocalypse World/Olive Garden mashup. I might also bring Sign, Juggernaut, or #Feminism.

I've also got some ideas for an "Improv for Characters" workshop where we just do some fun character-focused exercises. We'll see!
All of those sound awesome!

I've wanted to play this blades in the dark game for a while now.

Last night I chanced to overhear a passing reference to Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, Richard Garfield's second collectible card game. I have fond memories of the eternal struggle and still have my cards. If anyone wants to play I think I could swing two or three mediocre decks from my collection (the game is best with 3 to 4). Even better bring your own cards!

Full disclosure: I'm not real good at collectible card games.

paintpuddle
Name:Caroline Hobbs

Post by paintpuddle » June 14th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Here's what I'm thinking of stuffing in my bag!
-Downfall, of course
-Eden
-Shooting the Moon (from the Romance Trilogy)
-My Daughter The Queen of France
-Follow
-Perseverant
-Probably some short stuff like Baron Munchausen; Cheat Your Own Adventure; Rogue,Wizard, Warrior (uh... in very stalled playtest I guess)

Some stuff I'd like to try!
-Blades, like everybody else ;)
-Lovecraftesque
-Tall Pines
-Wanderlust
-Probably a bunch of other cool stuff I haven't heard of yet!

See you at the donut!

rosscowman

Post by rosscowman » June 16th, 2017, 9:57 am

I could bring a Classic Netrunner cube if anyone is into that.
I'm also planning on bringing Tomb Priestesses, a couple new games I'm working on, and some extra copies of Fall of Magic, Life on Mars, and Serpent's Tooth to share.

Return to “Brainstorming Games”