SAT-03 Storm Cellar LARP [FULL]

Schedule games that are already full
Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins
SAT-03 Storm Cellar LARP [FULL]

Post by Brendan » June 14th, 2017, 11:37 am

Last year I ran Better Living Through Robotics, an 8-player one-shot LARP in the "secrets and powers" mold. It was great. This year I'm running Storm Cellar, by two of the authors of BLTR, a game with a similar format. It is also going to be great!
In a rural Midwestern town in 1939, eight neighbors find themselves trapped in a storm cellar waiting for a tornado to pass. Secrets and rivalries come to light in the darkness as well as golden opportunities. Just be sure the opportunities you seize are worth the price!

Storm Cellar is a game about exploring the close ties of a small town as it is shaken by ambition and class differences. The game is set in a pseudo-historic world and involves the characters being trapped together temporarily in a cramped, dark environment. The game leans more dramatic than comedic, and does not feature magic or supernatural elements.
The game's creators emphasize that the characters should be cast from known players ahead of time as much as possible, which means answering a survey and balancing everyone's interests and limits. I am taking them at their word and trying to get surveys out early this year. I already have some people booked for it, and I can take two or three more signups in this thread; if possible I'm going to leave one character uncast, in order to pick up someone who is interested but hasn't read the forums at the con.

The game is likely to run 3-4 hours in the late night slot and we'll probably take some time afterwards to have a decompression chat together. If you're intrigued enough to commit to playing, please append your name below, and include an email address so I can send you the casting questions!
Last edited by Brendan on July 4th, 2017, 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lpsmith
Name:Lucian Smith

Re: SAT-03 Storm Cellar LARP [5/8]

Post by lpsmith » June 20th, 2017, 3:48 pm

If you're OK with a LARP newbie, I'm interested! lpsmith@uw.edu

Thanks!

Brendan
Name:Brendan Adkins

Re: SAT-03 Storm Cellar LARP [6/8]

Post by Brendan » June 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm

We are all newbies! You're in, Lucian.

eddi