Who Are You?

Are you excited for GPNW 2018? What games are you thinking of playing? What games do you want others to run?
rosscowman
Re: Who Are You?

Post by rosscowman » May 29th, 2015, 7:59 am

Hi! My name is ross. I am a musician and game designer from Olympia, WA. I am the creator of Life on Mars, Serpent's Tooth, and Fall of Magic. This is my 4th or so GPNW. I'm soooo excited!
(you can see my games over here... heartofthedeernicorn.com )

DaveWeinstein

Post by DaveWeinstein » June 1st, 2015, 12:25 pm

My name is Dave. I'm a former electronic game developer turned security researcher, and doing some paper game design on the side.

And, for a change, I'm not on the road during Go Play NW, so this will be my first year.

slapstick
Name:Natalie Holt

Post by slapstick » June 10th, 2015, 10:37 pm

I'm Natalie! I love playing games, I've organized Games on Demand at ECCC and GCC, looking forward to my first Go Play.

tomes
Name:Tomer Gurantz

Post by tomes » June 17th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Tomes here. Live in the L.A. area, but going to meet up with my friend Jerry (from Oregon) to head up and play. I've been attending the local Strategicon here for a few years now, and have run my variety of Savage Worlds games (usually with Lego involved).

At home I love running a Dungeon World campaign for my friends. I'm down for board games (favorites = Splendor, Battle Line), and open to more complex board games as long as someone there knows what they are doing (aka a GM). I'm down for any role playing game system as long as I don't need to figure out crunchy, complicated mechanics; give me simple and elegant any day.

Have met only a few Washington players, such as mister jim pinto when he floats down here, but look forward to hanging out up there with you hoods.

XophRA
Name:Christoph Sapinsky

Post by XophRA » June 19th, 2015, 11:46 am

Hi, I'm Christoph.

I live in Vancouver and this is my second Go Play. My wife, Lisa (who isn't on the boards) and I last attended in 2013, but we couldn't come last year due to work. As a game designer in the video game industry, my work has a habit of screwing up con plans.

This year Lisa and I are bringing the 3rd Beta of my Sci-fi RPG Free Spacer. The alpha I brought to Go Play in 2013 got lots of great feedback and the new version is far better. I can't wait to see what you all think. If you're interested jump into one of my sessions or grab either of us in the hall. We'd love to show it off.
Christoph
@XophRA
http://www.freespacer.com

sorenludwig

Post by sorenludwig » June 19th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Hello, I'm Soren

I live in Seattle and this is my second year at Go Play Northwest. Last year I ran a game I had made called Clocked Out. I haven't been able to iterate on it because of grad school and work. :(

But now that I'm free for the summer, I'm looking for some role-playing adventure and meeting new people!

jozbun
Name:Jerry Ozbun

Post by jozbun » June 22nd, 2015, 9:10 am

Hi There, my name is Jerry (the aforementioned "Friend of Tomes" :D ).

I live down just south of Eugene Oregon. I'm a curriculum developer for VMware by day and a tabletop/boardgame enthusiast by night! I am currently running; A Shadowrun 4th edition game most weeks, a Dungeons and Dragons 5th Ed campaign every other weekm and a Numenera campaign whenever the other two games fall through.

I've attended Gamestorm up in Vancouver for the last 2 years but despite being a gamer for 30+ years that is the limit of my gaming experience.

Looking forward to meeting more gamers and playing some fun games! :D

psytrooper
Name:Manny

Post by psytrooper » June 25th, 2015, 9:43 am

Hey, I'm Manny. Seattle-local, I've been to the Story Games Meetup once and just made the last minute decision to try GPNW 2015 for the first time! Looking forward to trying more of these exciting "indie " games on Sunday with y'all!

HazMatt
Name:Matt Riley

Post by HazMatt » June 25th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Hi - I'm Matt Riley. I grew up playing old school RPGs, but have been mostly playing boardgames for the last dozen years or so. This will be my first GPNW and I'm really looking forward to it. I live in the Portland area and escaping the ridiculous heat this weekend will be awesome.

seannittner
Name:Sean Nittner

Post by seannittner » July 1st, 2016, 7:01 am

Hello I'm Sean Nittner. I thought I posted on this thread years ago but the forum tells me I did not and the internet never lies. I live in Oakland and was first cajoled up north by Matt Klein...I will ever be in his debt.

This will be my 4th year at GPNW and it is one of my favorite cons. Great people, great games, great food! I tend to run lots and lots of the same game (2014 it was all Torchbearer, 2015 it was Blades in the Dark) so this year I'm getting crazy and running both Blades and #Feminism games. I know, crazy right.

Many, many of you are dear friends and I can't wait to see you again. Others I don't know and I look forward to meeting!

Return to “Burning With Anticipation!”